What is happening with 3G?
iewiwall's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Mon, Jun 7, 2021 6:03 AM

Anyone else here upset that ATT is deactivating their microcell services as of 2/2022?

Anyone else here upset that ATT is deactivating their microcell services as of 2/2022?  Anyone know how we can get them to reconsider?  I live out of town, the only way we can get internet services is wireless to our house.  In order to have a signal to call anywhere from our house, we depend on the microcell,  we don't have a house phone.  Using internet calling doesn't work for us, we just can't get that kind of bandwidth.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Il y a 5 m

Woo Hoo!  Got a letter from AT&T,  they're sending me a newer microcell that will work with their newer system.

I disconnected our older microcell since it wasn't being updated and we were having problems and our reception at home definitely declined.  We have to stand in one or two spots around our house and make sure our phone is pointed in a certain direction or we cannot hear the other party, very annoying.  So, I'm very happy that we'll be getting a newer microcell. 

Check you mail and emails, you might be getting one too.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.1K Messages

Il y a 5 m

@iewiwall Yep. AT&T is starting to send out notifications to most current MicroCell users who still have active accounts (they are either still using them or they have not deactivated them from their MicroCell Settings page).

I am in the process of updating my MicroCell Technical Guide so it should be available via my sig line in a few weeks. Not much has changed as far as operating and setup but I will update it with current info.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Il y a 3 m

Got our new microcell, have full bars on my phone and good call quality most of the time.

Happy person here🤩

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.1K Messages

Il y a 3 m

@iewiwall Excellent. If you have any issues just post back. I'm always here.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.