Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
maod01's profile

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

Saturday, February 25th, 2017 5:37 PM

Why I cannot unlock my iPhone7?

I went to AT&T store last month and got an IPhone7. I told the staff that I want a free carrier one, so he gave me one, helped me activated it with an at&t SIM card, I paid $749(before teax), the full price,to it. But yesterday, when I put my another SIM card which from another carrier in it, my new iPhone showed: The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. . .

So I went to Apple Store first, they told me this phone was AT&T locked, I should go to AT&T store. So I went to AT&T store then, the staff told me they can do nothing for me, I can only apply to unlock it online by myself. So I went back home, send unlock appilication to AT&T, they denied me, and the website says "We can't unlock this device because it hasn't been active for at least six months of paid service.. ".Then I reset my phone, and send the application again. Denied again.

Then I called the customer service, the guy just read the same thing on the website to me. I called again, the lady did the same thing. Nothing helped. And I send the application one last time this time, it was still denied. 

I am so upset why I paid the full price to my new phone but still need to use AT&t for another 6 months.I am about to go back to my home country in a couple weeks, AT&T does not provide any service there. I have used AT&T for almost 3 years, I had great user experience duirng these years, but this thing really brings me down.

I really hope someone could me help me solve the problem.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 Shouldn't they be able to get this unlocked or am I reading it wrong?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

7 years ago

@maod01

It should be able to have an exception made.  

Was the phone purchased by you at full price?  Can you get a copy of the receipt?

Im puzzled by the comment, "we researched the device...".   ????

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 Thank you!

I thought maybe I was having a brain fart and missing something obvious.

I was kind of shocked, I don't think I've seen anyone come back from @ATTMobilityCare and say they didn't fix it.

@maod01 Did you send a copy of the receipt to @ATTMobilityCare?

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, I bought the device at a full price which was 749.99 at AT&T store, and here is the receipt, I'll remove it later.

Image.png

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

@ATTMobilityCare asked for my account number but not my receipt, so I did not.

Thanks for keeping help me.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@maod01 wrote:

Yes, I bought the device at a full price which was 749.99 at AT&T store, and here is the receipt, I'll remove it later.

Image.png

That's interesting, is that the activation for $45?  It says iPhone 6s. (Or some kind of screen protector that's the same size.)

Does YES mean you send it to @ATTMobilityCare as part of the e-mail?

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

The $45 one is a screen protector, and I did not provide the receipt to  @ATTMobilityCare because they did not ask for it.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@maod01 wrote:

The $45 one is a screen protector, and I did not provide the receipt to  @ATTMobilityCare because they did not ask for it.

You had several conversations and didn't send the receipt? Who cares if they asked for it?

Send them the receipt and ask again.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.