For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
perentinko's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, March 8th, 2017 4:28 PM

The IMEI you entered does not appear to be an AT&T wireless phone or tablet.

I have an iPhone that is locked to at&t network, it can be activated with only at&t sim card and it does not accept any other. It is a replacement phone, and I am not able to unlock it since I can not even post an unlock request because when I insert the imei, it shows that it does not belong to at&t, please help, IMEI:[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I tried this. Still does not work. Using Firefox. It is an AT&T phone because I can put at AT&T sim card and it works fine.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

@jbutcher79 wrote:

I tried this. Still does not work. Using Firefox. It is an AT&T phone because I can put at AT&T sim card and it works fine.

@jbutcher79    Are you sure it’s locked?   Have you tried another SIM card?  What other SIM card have you tried in the phone?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Yes. ATT sim card works fine. Others do not.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

@jbutcher79    It should have registered on ATT as soon as you put an ATT sim into it.  Then it would tell you it was locked for 6 months service.  

The message is common for discounted prepaid phones not yet used on ATT and requiring minimum service period before they will be unlocked.  Is this the case?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Interesting. So when I put the ATT sim in, where will I see this message? I will put it in again and look.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

@jbutcher79  It’s the message you get from ATT unlock portal.  “Your phone doesn’t appear to be an ATT phone or tablet”.  

That message means the phone isn’t registered on ATT, even though it is locked to ATT.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I recently bought an iPhone 8 Plus and am getting the same error. PLEASE HELP!!!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

@amitnyc wrote:

I recently bought an iPhone 8 Plus and am getting the same error. PLEASE HELP!!!

@amitnyc   In your case you paid full retail.  Once you pass the 14 day return period, send a message to @ATTCares with proof of purchase and request an exception 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I have the same problem. I paid for my new samsung s9 in full. It is locked with att. When I put my imei number it is saying " Looks like the IMEI number you entered doesn’t match an AT&T device. Try entering it again. Dial *#06# on your mobile phone to make sure you have the right IMEI.". When I call the att support line they are saying in their internal system this IMEI number is showing up but in the portal it is saying a different message. The customer service through phone saying they will not be able to do anything if the portal not working to show this imei number. I paid for this brand new phone in full and I am stuck. Can you help to resolve it

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

this phone is not a prepaid ive had an account with att billed every month for years now

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.