For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
King_a_1's profile

• 

4 Messages

Monday, June 5th, 2023 8:27 AM

iPhone Unlock

Hello I have purchased an iphone 13 Pro Max online and tried to unlock it however it's showing the below message on the portal " We can't unlock this device because we can’t locate it in our database of devices sold by AT&T. Please call us at 800.331.0500 for assistance. " the phone is fully paid and clean. I am trying to contact AT&T for support however their automated IVR redirect me to submit and unlock request in the portal again ! 

Appreciate your immediate support I can share the IMEI in a private message to AT&T Support.

Thanks.

• 

4 Messages

11 months ago

@ATTHelp I have tried again to submit the unlock request and the result is the same ; the return window for returning the iphone has passed already and I am stuck with this iPhone why it's so hard to research the IMEI manually to find out if it can be unlocked. I really need your support here.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

11 months ago

If you were not planning on using the phone on the AT&T network, you should never have purchased on locked to AT&T. There is no one here can help you.  You can file a BBB complaint and see if someone at AT&T can help you. 

Purchasing phones from third party is always a risk and you found out what those risks are.

Your best bet is to sell the phone and tell the purchaser that the phone is locked to AT&T and try to recoup some of your costs.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.