For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
mrfetzer's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, September 18th, 2016 1:56 PM

iphone 7 upgrade

If my phone is fully paid off, and I get a new one, do I have to turn the old device in?

What if I buy the new device from Apple instead of AT&T?

If I DO purchase the new device from ATT NEXT, it says I need to return the old device within 10 days, but the new phones don't ship until mid October, so what do I do in that instance?

Thanks for your thoughts

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Please let us know what the scammers have to say

Scholar

• 

187 Messages

8 years ago

@Daveuk100 when did you do the deal?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

@Daveuk100 did you use the promo code?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

I went directly to the store and the rep looked at my phone and said you should have no issue. The same rep that also
failed to mention that it could take up to 3 billing cycles b4 credit is applied to bill. Have to go there today to turn in
my 6 so we shall see.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

I went directly to the store and the rep looked at my phone and said you should have no issue. The same rep that also
failed to mention that it could take up to 3 billing cycles b4 credit is applied to bill. Have to go there today to turn in
my 6 so we shall see.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

From what I was told by an AT&T rep, the receipt, as long as it shows FALL2016TRADE, and you meet all of the requirements,  you will receive the full $650 credit. The trade in receipt shows an amount, the other recipt shows $0, but you should receive the full credit, not what was shown on the receipt.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@Sanayjayd wrote:

My husband and I both ordered new IPhone 7 and 7 plus. He got his 7 and returned to store today to turn in his 6. He was handed a piece of paper saying he was getting credit for 155.00 for his phone. When he questioned why he was was not getting the 650.00 that he was told he would get the rep said that this was a different promo and not to worry that in the next three billing cycles he would see the credit to his payments that he was originally promised. He really did not want to sign the paper but did and called AT &T immediately. 

I'm under the impression a promo code should have been entered and your reciept should say $0.00. Did you get instructions on the return of the "6" sent to you from AT&T.

@kdfederer I wrote this before I saw your comment, what's the two reciepts you mention?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I see many complaints about the promo but you needed to read the fine print. If you did the trade-in without using the correct promo code you would not get the proper trade-in value just the basic. In addition, they would have sent you a special return package specifically for that promotion. I know the fine print always sucks but it's there nonetheless.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@mercy2866 wrote:
I see many complaints about the promo but you needed to read the fine print. If you did the trade-in without using the correct promo code you would not get the proper trade-in value just the basic. In addition, they would have sent you a special return package specifically for that promotion. I know the fine print always sucks but it's there nonetheless.

It's not fine print, it was ALL CAPS and BOLD on the redemption page info.

This is from the text they sent me http://att.com/tradeinoffer

I believe they have to enter the promo code at the store too.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Many don't see past the homepage so it's like the fine print for them. They unfortunately acted on the way they thought it was to be done. I myself encountered that reps were very poorly informed on the details which is sad. I'm sure that they will be cotacting ATT and I hope for them that they get results. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.