For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
LouRG123's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, September 8th, 2016 7:48 PM

iPhone 7 Pre-Order - Unlimited Plan

I'm out of the country and I'm a bit confused to what my options are regarding iPhone 7 preorders. I'm currently on an iPhone 6 and vaguely remember that I couldn't pre-order my phone thought apple since they weren't renewing AT&T plans but only offering AT&T next and apple upgrade program. I had to get my phone through AT&T to renew my grandfathered unlimited plan and offer a subsidized iPhone 6. Does anyone know if that is still the case or if AT&T even still renewing grandfathered unlimited plans?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

It isn't true, unfortunately. Even ATT customer service agrees that you can not keep your unlimited plan if you get an iPhone 7. I just got off the phone with them.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

So, if I buy the new iPhone 7 at full price can I keep my grandfathered unlimited data plan? Or when I activate that new phone will I be forced into a new plan?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

There have been many posts that say you do keep your plan. Can an expert please confirm?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hi there. I'm grandfathered in with unlimited data. My contract expires in February 2017. If I upgrade to the iPhone 7 with NEXT, do I get to keep unlimited data?

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @Jdontrich

Yes, you can keep your data plan, just make sure to select an option to keep your plan unchanged when you process your order.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Hi, I am eligiable to upgrade for a new phone. Most likely, an Iphone 7. To keep my grandfathered unlimited data.. do I buy the phone outright or can I use ATT's Apple Iphone Upgrade program at $36.58 a month.

I just want to keep my rate plan but get a new phone. I currently have a iPhone 4s... yep, that's funny!

Thanks for the help

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

You can buy either way and keep your existing plan. Just make sure you specify that you want to keep your existing plan. Many people inadvertantly select a new plan when ordering.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks so much!

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Yes you can upgrade and keep it but you have to pay full price during time of purchase. Then you the case and stuff you. Or go with next plan and enter into a new 2yr agreement. .plus there always looking for the best plan that suites your needs .I always check on plans around 6 months b/c they are in a very competitive market. So if you haven't looked into your plan I recommend doing. I always done it in person, I've always gotten better results that way .hope this helpful.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.