For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 9:08 PM

Closed

How to unlock an Iphone

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

@ATTCares it’s still not working. I tried different email accounts but I keep getting canceled. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I like how the ATTCares god pops in every now and then and selectively helps people and ignores the others. What a mess. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I've been having the same issue for the past 2 weeks. Submit request, confirm and then it gets canceled, system is not working and Att is ignoring the issue. I  have contacted and spoken with 3  representatives and no help. Why do consumers have to beg carriers to unlock a phone when they're no longer under a contract or payment plan? 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

My parents recently upgraded their iPhone 6 and 6s.. rather than trade their old iPhones in, they kept them as backups. 

A while ago my iPhone broke, and I asked if I could use their backup in the interim. My service is with another carrier. 

So, I went to the ATT Portal to complete the unlocking process, but keep receiving the same error message: 

"We're sorry. We can't confirm your info right now. Please try again later."

I have been trying to complete this process for some time now without success. The phones were paid in full when purchased, and my parent's account is in good standing. I have received emails for this process before, but either the unlock link did not work, or arrived later than the '24 hour window' to confirm the unlock. I have a small suspicion that it does not work because their SIM cards have been removed and placed in their new phones. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Hello problem with at&T SIM card, I bought a phone in Russia, it turned out to be America, I need the help of a consultant. Please!

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I bought my iPhone in Russian reseller store M VIDEO (a have all documents and fiscal cheques), but it seems to me it was relocked, or it was illegally moved to Russia. So right now it's locked to ATT.

I was trying to get it to unlock through https://www.att.com/deviceunlock but some error occurs without any information.

Did ATT has another contact method? I don't have their contract or sim card, I just bought an iphone and it's locked ;((( or can I message IMEI in PM ?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am recieving the Unlock Code Denied error after recieving an iPhone 6 from a family member and attempting to transfer it to a non-ATT account.

It says that it cannot be transferred because:

Current status - Denied
  • Your unlock request was denied because your account hasn't been active for at least 60 days.

I need helping transferring it, as I do not have a phone.

I read the other forums, which advised that I contact an ATT employee, but am unaware how one does that.

Please, any help is appreciated.

-GP

Scholar

• 

160 Messages

5 years ago

AboutToGoPostal! 

iPhone X and newer have two IMEIs and AT&T automated system and humans can't handle that.

Latest screw-up:
This is what they sent me. (Text from 1410100002 to my phone - not the one I'm trying to unlock.)
FRM:mailto:OKCQSUBUN@ATT.COM
SUBJ:Information from AT&T
MSG:We have completed your unlock request. IMEI ending: [**]744 is not eligible for
unlock. If you have any questions please call 1-800 331-0500. Thank you. (End)
OKCQSUBUN@ATT.COM refuses to respond/reply to any emails or explain.  It appears they're looking up each IMEI separately.

Customer service claims to have fixed the problem, twice, and put in another request, twice, but to no avail.

Scholar

• 

160 Messages

5 years ago

Someone moved my post (above) and didn't notify me.  Creepy! 

Was at: https://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-Account/AboutToGoPostal-Unlock-of-paid-off-iPhone-XS-Max-keeps-being/td-p/5897948#confirm

Yes, https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html?source=ESSZ0SSPR00T1EsEM&wtExtndSource=20190302171030_Apple_Mobility_LITHIUM_2168126323#!/wireless/KM1262649?gsi=g8asbp addressed. 
Oh, and this phone has only ever been used with one AT&T (or other) line.

• √Have a device that isn’t reported lost, stolen, or involved with fraud.
  • If you purchased your device with an installment or term agreement:
    • √Have active service for at least 60 days.
    • √Complete your contract (including paying any early termination fees). 
  • √No past due or unpaid balance.
  • √Confirm that your device isn’t active on another AT&T account.
  • N/A: Wait 14-30 days after an upgrade to unlock your old device if you upgraded early.  Didn't.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Question - if I just paid off the device , do I need to continue to wait for 60 days to unlock the device?  Doesn't seem to make much sense.  I'm having an issue where I activated a new phone on AT&T and then due to work had to port the number over to another carrier.  I've paid off the installment plan and am having issues unlocking the device.  It was active maybe 35-40 days.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.