For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
cyberent's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, January 7th, 2017 9:08 PM

Apple Iphone 7+ Bluetooth Stuttering Issues still after almost 4 months

It has now been 113 days since I opened my first case with AT&T and Apple about the bluetooth stuttering. After a lot of testing on all Iphone 7's the  Iphone 7+ AT&T Model A1784 is defective. There are tens of thousands, if not millions of users with this issue and it effects many bluetooth devices. The largest Apple Discussion forum on this post can be found here: https://discussions.apple.com/message/31092438?ac_cid=tw123456#31092438 . The issues is most often noticed in vehicles because it seems to be some kind of interference between the cellular service and bluetooth. Thus when you are using LTE for cellular data, and the signal is strong (more than 3 bars or higher), the audio will "stutter". Thus the stuttering will only occur, or occur more frequently, when you are close to a cell tower. If you read through the posts on that thread you will see the amount of frustration that issue is causing and how Apple is refusing to acknowledge the issue. I personally have a case open with Apple for 113 days, I've had my phone replaced twice, I've had my iphone restored back to factory 3 times, I've spent 2 hours with AT&T business support, 3 1/2 hours with Apple support on 3 different calls, 4 hours replacing and restoring the 2 new Iphone 7+'s that have been given to me at the Genius bar, and another 2 hours at Lexus, who just like Ford, Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, BMW and several other car manufactures all still do not list the iphone 7 as being compatible with any of their vehicles almost 4 months after the first Iphone 7+ was shipped. Additionally Apple's developers had myself and many others install a bluetooth error signing app on our phones of which I've uploaded 40GB of error logs over the last 3 months and still there is no fix. The conclusion is that that the A1784 has major hardware issue with the Iphone 7 A1784 and Apple really needs to step up and admit there is a hardware issue and replace these phones. I'm extremely frustrated with both Apple & AT&T's for not addressing this issue and allowing this defective device to be recalled and replaced for a different model. I'm unable to make calls on my 2016 Lexus using handsfree calling because during the call the phone keeps cutting in and out. The only work around is shutting off LTE service on the phone.  This is not a solution this a hack. I pay extra for LTE service and I should be able to use my LTE without disabling it. Since the release of the Apple AirBuds the same issue is being reported by product reviewers and users all over the internet. It's my feeling that the since the issue most frequently occurs when the phone is in close to a cell tower, that it was not until the Airbuds were released that many users, outside of those using bluetooth in their vehicle, have connected and used a bluetooh device when  they were not connected for data through LTE service.

My calls to AT&T support have proven to me that AT&T is aware (as they told me they were) and has been aware of this issue since the first phones were shipped but here we are almost 4 months later and there is no solution. AT&T needs to put pressure on Apple and publically announce that there is an issue so that we can force Apple to replace these deffective phones with new models.

Here is video of the issue happening:

https://youtu.be/kGHFDRVA958

Here is is the current testing analysis:

iPhones tested:

iPhone 6s - No problems
iPhone 6s Plus - No problems
iPhone 7 Plus (AT&T, A1784) - Stuttering
iPhone 7 Plus (T-Mobile, A1784) - Stuttering
iPhone 7 Plus (Sprint, A1661) - No problems
iPhone 7 (Verizon, A1660) - No problems
iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon, A1661) - No problems
iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon, A1661) - No problems

Here are more forums:

https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/5lm6i3/iphone_7_bluetooth_audio_drop_problem_my

https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/5k88p9/airpods_audio_skipping/

https://discussions.apple.com/message/31092438?ac_cid=tw123456#31092438

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Jordon explain to me why Best Buy is selling the A1660 for ATT and not ATT themselves, you guys are selling the cheaper A1778, which you know does not work based on what I see, I just got a new one last week, a replacement today and they do not work as promised ?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

@Pilot_Racing wrote:

Jordon explin to me why Best Buy is selling the A1660 for ATT and not ATT themselves, you guys are selling the cheaper A1778, which you know does not work based on what I see, I just got a new one last week, a replacement today and they do not work as promised ?

@Pilot_Racing

The 1660 is the Verizon version.  ATT does not have it.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

So I went to Apple and got a A1660, also available for ATT at best buy, guess what, issue resolved.....  Next time ATT stop being so cheap.....

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.