Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
kostya88's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Tuesday, December 11th, 2018 4:40 AM

activating eSIM on an existing ATT number

I have an iPhone XS and was very excited to get the eSIM activated with my current number and keep the sim tray empty for when I travel abroad and use those sims cards. I recently went to the store to request the QR code or whatever I'd need to get my number activated on the eSIM. I was told my store staff as well as ATT customer care that the only way I can get the eSIM service activated is to add a whole new line, which doesn't sound right to me at all. Has anyone else run into his issue when requesting the same thing from ATT? any help is appreciated!

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have had similar nightmares trying to activate a Samsung Galaxy S3.  Got on with customer care to confirm I can get a number and use my watch as a stand alone LTE device.  When I went in there was an hour and a half before I left with my eSIM.  However, you can only get that to the watch from the app which on my Pixel XL (1) that option is not available.  I found another way where you go into the phone to enter a #* code And after entering developer mode but I do not know how to find the nhc code from the eSIM QR. Does anyone know how?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

4 years ago

@dkeetonjr

What do you mean by stand alone?

The only way to use a watch to send and receive calls and texts is by linking it to your phone with numbersync. It's not truly a standalone device. The number assigned to the watch cannot be used for anything other than a data connection

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.