Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
amrikropar's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, March 17th, 2013 9:35 PM

When Andriod 4.2.2 would be available for Samsung S3 ATT users?

Is there any possibities to have Andriod 4.2.2 for Samsung S3?? This is really frustrated when the update is available in the market and you're not taking advantage of it, Its kinda dominated by ATT...I am really not happy with company's strategy-

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I prefer Android over IOS any day of the week, but it just goes to show you how much power Apple has with the carriers.  When the Iphone gets and update, Apple pushes it out to the phones and the carriers don't say squat about it.  However, an Android phone get an update, the cariers hold it up under the guise of having to "test thier apps with the release", so if they ever do release it you are already multiple versions behind the latest update.  

It is complete and utter bull and if Google/Android **** they would tell the carriers what to do instead of the carriers dictating what happens.  The worst part of it is that AT&T is the worst offender.  They say they are the best, but when updates get pushed out very quickly by T-Mobile, Sprint and even Verizon, they are only showing thier customer base that they really don't give a *** about thier customers.  All they want you to do is wait and upgrade in two years so you have to spend more money.  It's crap.

[Inappropriate content removed]

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

11 years ago

I read the headline and all that came to mind was....Hahahahahahahahahahaha
Samsung will once again disregard their agreement with Google and withhold 4.2.2 till November and we will not get it.
ATT+Samsung = bad support.

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

11 years ago

If you want 4.2.2. you need to get an s4 or One. It's your only hope for six months more than likely beyond rooting.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.