Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
NickC68's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, February 5th, 2019 6:06 AM

Stuck on old software update S9+

Hi, so for some reason, my phone is stuck on an old software update. It hasn't gotten any security updates since June 1, 2018. And it's stuck on the old baseband version G965USQS2ARF4. Idk why this is. But everytime I look for updates, it says there is no update available and that I'm on the current version. Which I know is not true, because I know that current baseband version should be G965USQS3ARK2 for the S9+. And the security should be December 1, 2018. And I know we are starting to get Android Pie for the S9+ too. I have pretty much tried everything I can think of to fix this issue. Aside from completely factory resetting the phone. Any ideas or help? Thanks!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Why private message when we are all struggling with the same issue? 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Why private message when we all struggling with the same issue?

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

5 years ago

@kambizfal  wrote:

Why private message when we all struggling with the same issue?

You want everyone here to know your private account information including phone number?  You know that's just stalker and spam bait, right?

This is not widespread.  It's only affecting a minority of users.  I get my updates, so we are not all struggling.  But, AT&T needs specific information from you to figure out why you are not getting the updates.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

July 14th and still no update.. 

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

5 years ago

My phone and my wife's phone are still neither getting updates. Her S10 still has the February security update that was on it when we bought it in March, 4 months ago. AT&T's own support page says several updates have been issued since then. My S9 is still on the April security update, and only has that because I went to a UbreakWefix store in May and got it reimaged with the image that was current at that time. Before that, it had been almost a year since I got an update of any kind.

I have spent hours and hours and hours across several days with AT&T, tried everything I could find suggested, and still the same result. AT&T will not listen, and just DOES.NOT.CARE.

I just so wish I had known I was not getting updates before we bought my wife's phone, and we would have never bought. Instead I would moved us to Verizon and just eaten what I owed on my phone. Samsung has been zero help, too. When my phone is close to paid for, I will move myself to Verizon and to an iPhone, and then migrate my wife there when her phone is close to paid for.

So, good luck to you, but honestly those of us in this situation are screwed. I have run across zero posts from people with this issue that got resolved.

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

5 years ago

Solved the problem with my S9; I took a loss and bought an iPhone XR based on my understanding that Apple updates come straight through instead of being at the mercy of the carriers. I stayed with AT&T because it turns out the plan I have is a far better deal than the options at Verizon, and also better than anything currently available at AT&T (probably why it is no longer offered). I really hate to reward AT&T for horrible service and not giving a crap, but I am too frugal to move.

The move to the iPhone has already proven the right one. I got it last Wednesday. Today I was looking for something iPhone related online, and saw that iOS 12.4 had been dropped today. Looked at my phone and it was right there in software update. Same day, boom. My S9 did not get a single OTA in over a year.

When we get my wife's S10 paid down, I will move her to an iPhone, too. While iOS has improved to the point of being tolerable to me, I still prefer Android, and love the S-line phones. My wife's S10 is wonderful. But Google and Samsung do not care about supporting Android phones, and AT&T apparently does not either. I would recommend moving to Apple next time, far more dependable service.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Good luck.. 😉

Wish AT&T was listening but obviously they're not..   I'll be Verizon bound soon.. 

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

5 years ago

I had planned to move to Verizon, too, but it turns out it would cost ~50% more for the same amount of data. Same if I switched plans with AT&T. If they kill our plan, which is not offered anymore, I will be gone, though.

And no, AT&T does not listen, and does not care. When I talked to the first or second person at AT&T a few months ago, they did a web search and found the various posts on this same issue. Probably the threads that are still active, with people wondering if the issue will ever be resolved. And yet AT&T has done nothing about it, and still argues with me that there is nothing wrong with our account. It has to be something related to that, as it is beyond belief the three different phones and two different models would all have the exact same issue. Moving to Apple fixed it, and I guess AT&T would be fine with that, as they got to sell a phone and still get to sell service.~

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

Sorry going from a AMOLED screen to that trashy LCD..  I could not do it.  I have a xs Max.   I also have a pixel 3a.   Google does care about updates Samsung not so much.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Yeah I get that, love AMOLED..  That's pretty much why I'm waiting on the Note 10 (smaller version) to be released then I'll make my move,I'm sure Verizon will match my plan.. If not I'll just go with the unlocked version, I buy my phones outright instead of the monthly payments nonsense.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.