Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
TheMOTD's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, October 19th, 2017 1:49 AM

Samsung Galaxy S8 Using Messages and Microcell Can't Send Pictures or Video

Samsung Galaxy S8, Android 7.  Using Microcell and can't send Photos via native Messages app.  Anyone else have this issue?

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

There was a recent update from Samsung, and I'd hoped that following this, I would be able to send MMS. It did not fix the problem, but here's something odd. I thought maybe the update hadn't finalized, so while I had two MMS "sending," I rebooted the phone. Almost as soon as it restarted, the two messages were sent, and immediately received. However, after the restart was fully complete, attempting to send MMSs again, resulted in "sending" until failure. This seems to suggest that something that wasn't immediately operational is preventing the sending. To further test this, I took the phone to a location far enough way that it lost the microcell signal, and was able to send messages.

Turning off the microcell is not a good option, as it prevents incoming texts and calls from being received, and obviously disrupts the other users, as cell service is otherwise very weak. Since this does not appear to affect iPhones and older Nokia phones, why would the microcell have issues with the Gamaxy?

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

Sorry. "Galaxy," and of course, why was this problem not evident for a couple of months, but has become a problem in the past 6-7 weeks? This makes it seems like it is not the microcell, but something that changed in the phone.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Since my last post, I experienced similar issues so I updated my phones software. Then I reactivated my MicroCell (I had deactivated and powered off). Now I am able to send and receive SMS, Calls and MMS without issue. Only into my current test cycle a bit so... Can you try this and post results?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.