For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
CC3698's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, October 17th, 2015 9:53 PM

Nexus 6 Marshmallow update ETA?

Hi, I understand the update is being rolled out in stages,  but  can anyone give an approximate ETA for the AT&T specific build of Android 6;0 Marshmallow? (I have already installed the prerequisite October security update, build LMY48W).

Thanks

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Quick poll: Are the users that have received the update on an AT&T branded or unlocked nexus 6?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

MIne is Unlocked

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

8 years ago

Mine bought directly from Google, no update yet.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

Unlocked Nexus 6 purchased direct from Motorola. Still no 6.0.1 update for me....

BTW, 1-star goes to ATT Community Manager Mariana who updated her Marshallow post from 1/13 to 1/15 and STILL no Marshamollow OTA at the end of the "4-day 100%" window.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

8 years ago

Unlocked Nexus 6 bought directly from Google.

Just got my 6.01 notification.

t's odd though, it said my phone was up to date as of about 1.5 hours ago.  I clicked on the check for updates.  It came back and said it was up to date.  I clicked again, got the notification.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Unlocked from PlayStore. At 3:00 PM EST the update is in the process of downloading as I type this.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

8 years ago

It doesn't matter if you bought your unlocked phones from Google, ATT, Amazon, or the man in the moon.  If you had an ATT account with an ATT sim, it put an ATT build on your phone and they took control over the updates. 

Not sure why people are advertising where their phones came from since it makes no difference at all.  

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

8 years ago

It's not that it doesn't make a difference, it's that it SHOULDN'T make a difference.

And as a sideline ... when I first got my Nexus 6, it came with 5.01, even though I think everyone else was on 5.1 or 5.1.1.  Don't recall.  Never got an update.  Called Google.  Waited a week, no update.  Eventually called Motorola.  They did something.  Perhaps they released the IMEI to AT&T?  Not sure.  So, in this case, my Google bought Nexus 6 did exhibit different behavior that AT&T bought Nexus 6.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

8 years ago

I've asked this question but never got an answer. What is the difference between the Google factory image file of MM 6 and AT&T version of the same MM 6. I could not wait for AT&T to get their act together so I have sideloaded MM 6 and subsequent security patches onto my Nexus 6. Since then, AT&T has finally released MM 6. Should I got back and reload lollipop to it's original and then have AT&T update the Nexus with MM 6. Is such a big difference between the two that I need to resort to this? 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

There is none.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.