For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
haryshenoy's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Wednesday, August 5th, 2015 6:49 PM

LG G3 Unlocked phone not able to use to cellular data

Hello I am using LG G3 Unlocked phone and my carrier is AT&T. I am able to connect to WiFi and everything is fine about it. But when I don't have WiFi accessible, the cellular data is not working. I made sure that the Cellular Data icon is turned on and the preferred network mode is set to already set to "GSM/WCDMA auto".  

The other preffered network modes were 1. GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto, 2. WCDMA only, 3. GSM only. I can manually change and make it stay at WCDMA only. If I try to keep in the 1st option, it reverts backs to its original "GSM/WCDMA auto" status. 

The Access point names shows AT&T PTA and inside that it shows a preview of plenty other things like PORT, PROXY, USER NAME, PASSWORD and none of them can be edited.

Please advice me on how I can use my cellular data. 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Since I can't have LTE on my phone, would there be any work around or an alternative to have a faster cellular internet on my phone?

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

9 years ago

Yeah get an AT&T phone Cat HappyHeartWoman LOL

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

get the right unlocked phone as there are g3's that are unlocked that work with ATT fully.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Off Topic: Would changing to Android lollipop can make it any better or worsens it? with respect to battery life and other features.

Whenever I try to upgrade my Android version 4.4.2, it says you have the latest. Doesn't LG G3 upgrade to Lollipop? Just wondering

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

The us versions got lollipop.  You have a euro version so your going to have to go looking for the update.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

This is probably not the correct thread, but The first thing is I will never buy an LG G3 phone again. I am stuck in a two year contract with ATT. I have 5 lines on my account. I have 2 LG G3 phones and they are both JUNK! Just a few months old, one overheats Badly, the other has very low volume when using the hand set as a phone, unless you use speaker phone or a blutooth head set. The phones are glitchy and un reliable. Going back to my Samsung phones and once the contract runs out I will switch my 5 lines to another carrier after 20 years with ATT they are no help resolving LG issues, "call LG for warranty"

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.