Get our NEW Unlimited MAX plan with 25GB hotspot data, 5G access, 100GB cloud storage, and more for $55/mo.!
GArroganceTexas's profile

7 Messages

Wednesday, May 22nd, 2024 11:17 PM

Closed

arrogance

I have been put in touch with ATT management, yet they have not resolved a simple problem. how do i get past their arrogance? 

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

24 days ago

Well the only advice that we could have provided was to speak with someone in upper management which you indicate you already have done.  They are the last line of customer support. If they did not  "fix", then they don'tsee a problem.

If they don't see a problem, then is there a problem? Or are you just unhappy with something?  

So the only thing left is for perhaps for us to put some perspective on the problem.  It may confirm that AT&t management dropped the ball, or it may confirm that the problem is not what you think it is. 

That would require some sort of description on what the problem is or what went wrong. Including timelines and dollar amounts, service plan information, etc. Any of your personal information on this public forum?

You can post a photo of a bill as long as you block out all personal and identifying information like phone numbers, names, account numbers, etc (that would leave just plan information and costs) 

If the problem is with a promotion, please explain what promotion and if you met all the requirements. (Many people do not seem to know what the requirements are)

Former Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

25 days ago

Just because you think there is a problem doesn’t mean there actually is a problem. What is the issue that you claim to have? Billing, reception issues? 

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

24 days ago

So is this by any chance related to your other post where you lost your phone and you're trying to get a new SIM card made for your new phone? 

Yes?

Then I'll consider this one answered 

Why didn't you just lead with that? 

7 Messages

8 days ago

Anyone being ripped off by ATT send a copy of the complaint to the Department of Justice

By email to [email scrubbed].

By postal mail to:

Complaint Center

Antitrust Division

950 Pennsylvania Ave., NW

Room 3337

Washington, DC 20530

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

24.8K Messages

8 days ago

Waste of a postage stamp.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

7 days ago

I'm having a hard time between putting my head in my hands and laughing out loud at the original poster...

According to an earlier post, they lost their phone which had a one-year plan purchased on it in January.  They replaced the phone, but did not know how to put their service, with their phone number and the $300 plan on the new phone. ID to an AT&T store to reclaim their account.  In order to do so, they would have to provide AT&T with enough information to verify that plan and account and phone number belong to them.  Apparently they could not do so, so AT&T has declined to restore their phone number to them.    Which legally and legitimately, AT&T should not do. AT&T is obligated to keep each account safe, and proof of ownership is required. 

So somehow this becomes AT&t's "BAD" because the customer didn't have their prepaid account set up with sufficient ID, or could not provide identification to prove that the account, the phone number and the $300 plan belonged to them

https://forums.att.com/conversations/account-usage/arrogance/664fb5395da7965e5362aec8

I believe the common saying for this is "a failure to plan on your part does not make it an emergency on (at& t's) part"

So the lesson here is folks that after you've signed up for AT&T prepaid and created an account, make sure that you go into your profile information and add everything as it appears on your photo ID.  And maybe don't lose your phone 

7 Messages

6 days ago

send copy of complaint to US Department of Justice, Antitrust Division

ACE - Master

• 

10.9K Messages

6 days ago

The DOJ will get right on that.  They aren’t busy with anything else.  Antitrust?  Guess T-Mobile, Verizon, and all the MVNOs like Xfinity aren’t competition?

In any case, it seems like since AT&T didn’t resolve your complaint the way you wanted, you’re trying to start some campaign for the DOJ to take action against AT&T.  Good luck with that.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.