For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
Asdf123456789's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, June 19th, 2016 9:28 PM

What is new in carrier update 24.2?

I'm on 24.1 right now and my phone said there was a carrier update available so I assumed it was 24.2. I could not find any information anywhere online about it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Don't do it I drop every call and the quality is so bD I thought about canceling my services

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Is there a fix AT&T is considering for the apple products impacted by this latest carrier update?  Anyone paying attention that products alerted to a new carrier update we allowed it to install and then things seem to not work well now?  

Voyager

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Again, how do you shut off notification pop ups to update? It sounds like the update is causing bugs.

ATTDmitriyCM, where did you find this statement? "Enhancement to improve device network performance for iPhone SE"

I do not have an iPhone SE, but I am getting this notice, too.  I want to read the notice from its original source.

https://www.apple.com/iphone-se/specs/

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

anyone knows how to downgrade to 24.1 . The new one has a bad network bug. Neetwork speed droped like hot potato. Better not to upgrade.

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

8 years ago

Yes, I want to downgrade too. After updating to 24.2, when I send a text now, many of my photos don't go through and same with videos, it's now sporadic and you have to tap to dowload them on the iphone, and also for outgoing and incoming texts now!!!

Will resetting network settings fix this? Again, i did not have these issues before the 24.2 update. The issues did start right after I did the update though. Has resetting fixes issues like this before? Not looking forward to losing all my wifi passwords when I do this reset. Let me know please.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

@ATTDmitriyCM

I would also like to know how to deny the update and/or to stop receiving notifications.

Seeing that this update has been causing many issues for people I do not want to update. I receive multiple notifications everyday and would like to stop them before I accidentaly upgrade.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I'm experiencing similar problems since the 24.2 update: hour or more delays in receiving texts, and hour or more delays in receiving emails. I have missed critical TIME SENSITIVE work emails since this update! Texts from friends and family, checking on me during the recent events in downtown Dallas (where I work), WEREN'T RECEIVED for hours. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE AT&T. Provide us with a rollback option, or roll it back yourself. You're about to loose another customer over this, and I promise you I will take this to EVERY social media outlet.

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

8 years ago

Any update?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Getting constant dropped bars (from 5 to 1 to "no service") after updating to 24.2. Not cool AT&T pls fix asap!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

This update didn't solve anything - every day i have to be restarting my phone as i seem to be getting no network on my phone.  Dammit - i paid AT&T for network services - the phone loses this very easily - and most times - the connecitivity isn't good.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.