For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
Asdf123456789's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, June 19th, 2016 9:28 PM

What is new in carrier update 24.2?

I'm on 24.1 right now and my phone said there was a carrier update available so I assumed it was 24.2. I could not find any information anywhere online about it.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @Asdf123456789

@hg1111 @hdtvtechno @kidinfo

Thanks for posting! Here is the description of the iOS Carrier File for AT&T:

v. 24.2 - "Enhancement to improve device network performance for iPhone SE."

It's a universal update for all iOS devices with iOS version 9.3 and higher. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks again,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

same here i wanna know what this includes before I update

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

8 years ago

tmobile also got an carrier update on iphone

carrier 24.1  is the new one

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

Hey @ATTCommunityTeam is almost 2,000 views not enough to merit an answer?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Since I updated I have terrible connection speeds for everything...even when I am on wi-fi...What gives?!?!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

My phone said their were carrier updates. I clicked ok but it does nothing. How do I know if I've gotten the updates? Carrier. Not software

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

@ATTDmitriyCM I do have a follow up question. Is there anywhere to find this information without having to ask the forum for every update? It would be really nice if there was a change log posted on the att site.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

If you search (choose your search engine) "24.2 AND Apple iOS" (punctuation is REALLY important, particularly the captitalized AND, it's a syntax thing), you'll get a few sites where they enumerate these.

What I didn't find was a "here's the 24.2 changes" it was more a section-by-section enumeration of changes, and underneath each section, a 24.2 change if it applied.

You could write a script, easily enough, if you were technically inclined, to "transform" it to just a 24.2 format.  

XPath would be an easy way to do it, and probably the way I'd go about it, maybe a 10 minute script write-up,  tops, if you know XPath...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

So if my iphone says AT&T 24.2, does that mean my iphone is an AT&T iphone then?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am on AT&T 24.2 on my iPhone and now I can't get any cell service since I arrived in Lima  Peru last night! Anyone know how to fix this?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.