Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get the myAT&T app
bellyhead's profile

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, May 25th, 2023 1:13 PM

Closed

HBO Max

A while ago I switched to Unlimited Elite because I got HBO Max for free which I use a lot on my 4K TV

After the switch to Max I can only stream in HD (not UHD) which makes the Max add-on useless

What makes this  really frustrating is that I cant even downgrade as the next tier down cost the same

Feels scamy!

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

HBOMax conversion to MAX

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

1 year ago

A while ago I switched to Unlimited Elite

Over a year...

After the switch to Max I can only stream in HD (not UHD) which makes the Max add-on useless

Useless?  That's just a wee bit dramatic...

The version provided free with the elite plan is not the 4k/ UHD version.  It's the $15 tier that was originally offered through at&t.

AT&T no longer owns or controls HBO.

This was HBO's decision to make the $15 tier regular HD. And create a new more expensive tier.  The $20 version streams in ultra HD. I don't know if there's a method for you to pay the difference to upgrade your HBO Max plan

https://variety.com/2023/digital/news/max-4k-ultra-hd-priciest-plan-1235622117/

This is typical. Verizon's Disney bundle pays for the basic Hulu package which includes commercials. To stream without commercials you have to pay the six extra bucks.

T-Mobile's Netflix deal offers you the basic SD , or Paramount Plus deal gives you the basic with commercials. You have to pay extra to upgrade.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

1 year ago

It appears that if you are receiving HBOMax any way other than having a separate PAID subscription, you get ad free & HD but NOT 4K, Dolby, etc.  And since HBO will not do a partial bill to upgrade (AD FREE TO ULTIMATE AD FREE), you'll have to cough up the $19.99 a month as a separate service.

Here are the Max plans and prices:

• With Ads - $9.99/month or $99.99/year (16% savings)
  • Ad-Free - $15.99/month or $149.99/year (over 20% savings)  
  • Ultimate Ad-Free - $19.99/month or $199.99/year (over 16% savings)

Prices don't include applicable taxes.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.