For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
lbramstedt's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, January 4th, 2012 1:38 AM

change rings before voicemail picks up

Hello,

Please help.  I was searching on the internet for some information to be able to changed how many rings my phone rings before it goes to voicemail.  I had to put some codes in like *'s & #'s.  Now whoever calls my number goes to a different person and if it goes to my voicemail it reaches a totally different person under a different provider.  How can I get this corrected?

Lori

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Does **NOT** work for a Samung S7 Edge on 1/30/17.  Any suggestions?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Great Article; This worked for me.

Thank you very much.,

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have a Note 8 and these codes do not work. When I call *#61#  I get a message saying the call could not be completed. Can someone please help, this line is useless if I can't use the right voicemail just because I am already on a call.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

works great, + not required on my phone.  I suggest setting up the two numbers as a contact, which I just did because my phone recently reverted and needed refreshing.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Unfortunately it's not working on my phone Nokia 3.1 Modell TA-1049. Wanted to change to max. delay.

Before starting the procedure phone was ringing 4 times before vm got on. Tried to check with  *#61#. Message MMI Code started but nothing more. Next I did like suggested **61*+1xxxyyyzzzz*11*30# (xxxyyyzzzz is my number). Nothing changed. after 4 rings vm got on. So I put in  ##002#.  Next step with  *#61#. Nothing displayed like before. Dialed **61*+1xxxyyyzzzz*11*30#  again. After that i got a call from someone and the call went to vm after 1 ring. Now it's realy worse. Any ideas what I should do now?     

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

5 years ago

@UrsulaG wrote:

Unfortunately it's not working on my phone Nokia 3.1 Modell TA-1049. Wanted to change to max. delay.

Before starting the procedure phone was ringing 4 times before vm got on. Tried to check with  *#61#. Message MMI Code started but nothing more. Next I did like suggested **61*+1xxxyyyzzzz*11*30# (xxxyyyzzzz is my number). Nothing changed. after 4 rings vm got on. So I put in  ##002#.  Next step with  *#61#. Nothing displayed like before. Dialed **61*+1xxxyyyzzzz*11*30#  again. After that i got a call from someone and the call went to vm after 1 ring. Now it's realy worse. Any ideas what I should do now?     

Using your own number was a mistake. You have basically tried to create an infinite redirect loop. Run ##002# again to reset back to defaults. If the *#61# doesn't show anything then you need to find your VM redirect number from AT&T so you can input it into the **61* command. There might also be something in the phone app menus but since those vary bu manufacturer I have no idea whether your model has anything or not.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

thank you so much for your help. Finely I got it done. Now I have 30 sek to get to the phone.
Gues I wasn't patient enough when I tried to change first. It took about 10 min to receive the VM number and the information about time until transfer to VM. Thanks again!

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

5 years ago

@UrsulaG wrote:

thank you so much for your help. Finely I got it done. Now I have 30 sek to get to the phone.
Gues I wasn't patient enough when I tried to change first. It took about 10 min to receive the VM number and the information about time until transfer to VM. Thanks again!

Glad to hear you got it sorted out!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.