Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
What is happening with 3G?
r0bb1ed's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Friday, June 15th, 2018 10:55 AM

MicroCell DPH 154 won’t activate

Hello All!! I need some help/suggestions. I have had one of the original microcells for years and it finally died. So I had to buy another one and since they are no longer made/supported it came from eBay. When I got it I connected to my google Wifi hardline port. It showed a connect to the internet and I could see it in my device list but it never activated. I verified all the info about the microcell on the activation site and it was correct. I then disconnected it from my google Wifi base and connected it directly to my netgear cable modem/router and still no activation it’s pulling a valid ip and I can ping it so it’s connected it also shows all lights lite correct except the cell signal. I found a guide to open suggested ports on the router which I also did and still no luck. When I go to the microcell app on my phone it shows the old microcell and the new one. Could that be the problem? I try to delete it but it comes back the next time I log in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I’m running out of ideas.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

6 years ago

You should unregister the old device to remove it from your account.   You can then register the new device, if the previous owner unregistered it.   You may have to contact the previous owner if they didn’t unregister before sale.  

As far as I know the app is defunct.   You can access online through a browser.

https://www.att.com/3gmicrocell/unauth/login.do?target=FOAMM

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks I did get an email confirmation yesterday that the new device was pending activation. But I went to the website and removed both devices and then added the new one back again and again got an email saying pending activation. So I guess we will see but I have a feeling it’s going to do the same thing 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

6 years ago

It can take several hours for the new device to activate.  Mine took about one hour +/-   

Just an FYI:  at some point the microcell may no longer me manageable and new activations not possible.  ATT has stopped selling them, announced the end of support at end of 2018.  

This means you will have to migrate to ATT phones that support it’s WiFi calling protocol.  It’s possible your existing phones may be capable but have not been turned on.  

All iPhones from iPhone 6 model and newer are capable of WiFi calling.

ATT branded Samsung and LG phones running marshmallow or newer OS are capable.  

Wifi calling is not on by default and is not ‘wifi’.  

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Funny you bring that up. I have a iPhone X, a iPhone 8 and 2 iPhone 6’s and could not figure out why Wifi calling did not work. I have a 3 mesh antenna Google Wifi setup in the house. After some research there is a comparability issue with Att and the Google Wifi system that it doesn’t work or works sometimes.  Google and ATT are aware of the issue but neather seem to be fixing it. So that was the reason for the microcell. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

6 years ago

Not true.  I have google mesh WiFi.  I replaced my Apple router when it died a few months ago.  WiFi calling works on my mother’s iPhone SE and my Samsung.  

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203032

As long as you can verify your 911 address and are not ALSO using The microcell, your iPhones should connect and work great.  

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

That’s Awesome for you but me along with a lot of others are not seeing the same thing. See below, it will connect sometimes after a reboot of the Wifi system then drop and never reconnect or it will not connect at all. Did you do anything to the google Wifi or you router/modem? I have a large house so my router is in my office on one end of the house the google Wifi is in the main house. I can Wifi call when connected to the router (office) all day long but have the issue with the google Wifi 

https://support.google.com/wifi/forum/AAAARapEvqgVr50LM9LkZQ/?hl=en

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

6 years ago

Huh.   News to me.  

Nothing special, other than remove my phone number from m-cell.  Moms phone # was never added.  I have 3 pucks distributed at far ends of the house.   They were brand new at end of February.  Don’t know if that matters.  My sons have non ATT androids. 

The only lousy WiFi calling I get is at one clients home with a poorly placed router from Cox.   

I get the best service if there is no cell service at all and the phone is completely dependent on WiFi calling.   

Conspiracy theory would be google is anti iPhone   

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

3 hours later still no activation and on the activation site the progress bar shows 0 progress. Any other ideas? 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

6 years ago

@r0bb1ed - interesting. I have the Orbi Mesh system (primary unit and 1 satellite) and WiFi-C on all of our iPhones (SE's up to an 8 Plus) work perfectly, even at the corner of our 0.5 acre lot or upstairs at the far end of the house. The primary Orbi is wired to a Motorola DOCSIS 3.1 modem, and the satellite currently uses the dedicated WiFi channel for the backhaul.

Don't use the mobile app because it's krap and hasn't been updated in years, and won't be. To access your myAT&T MicroCell account, use your laptop.

You have a mesh WiFi system and a gateway? I'm assuming you have disabled the WiFi portion on your gateway. Make sure that ALL of the minimum router requirements are being met, and that includes the double NAT, which can be an issue for some. Once you ensure that, power cycle your system.

If you deactivate your MicroCell account thru a laptop connection, you should wait a day or so to make sure that the disconnect request goes thru the system. Otherwise, if you deactivate and then reactivate too quickly, there will be two requests in the system which may cause a conflict and lock up the account for a time being.

Who is your ISP? I think I missed that.

When you setup WiFI-C you need to have the MicroCell disabled (powered off). Otherwise, the iPhones will preferentially seek the MicroCell's 3G signal instead of your WiFi signal and you may encounter issues. The workaround that if you want to keep the MicroCell enable is to place your phones in Airplane Mode to disable their cellular radios.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

@OttoPylot    The ISP is Spectrum cable (was Time Warner). The original microcell died weeks ago.  So It has not been on when trying to use Wifi-c. Since Wifi-c was not working or working all the time. I bought the new microcell. I have 3 of the google Wifi mesh points the main one is connected to my net gear nighthawk cable modem/router. 

When end you say minimum router requirements and double may what do you mean? I did open a couple ports that I found in a guide that the said should be open 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.