Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

DIRECTV Equipment

DIRECTV Equipment

Get help with your DVR, receiver and satellite equipment.

(31167)
N
Confused about DirecTV Hardware Choice

I'm interested in ordering DirecTV satellite service. I prefer that over the streaming service, because I already have a DirecTV dish on my roof (service with that dish ended in 2019). I'm confused, however, about the choice of hardware available: Gemini Receiver or Standard DirecTV Receiver. My un

Question

Need to talk or email Directv Customer Service

I spoke to several people last week with a problem installing the Directv Gemini remote to our tv. I need to apologize to two of the people, maybe through a supervisor. I ordered the new Gemini remote and received it the next day. When I installed it I had a problem getting past one screen on the in

Question

Accepted Solution

New: "Your TV does not support this program's content protection" message

After more than 6 years, today I now get: "Your TV does not support this program's content protection. Replacing the TV's HDMI cable with component cables will allow you to view the program".  I am sure that my old high end Panasonic plasma monitor/display (not a TV as it has no tuner) does no

Question

Gemini air unit keeps locking up

We're having to do a hard reboot by unplugging a couple times of day. Running on fast 500 MB/s AT&T Fiber internet with a Samsung Tizen TV.  I'm suspecting the issues have to do with compatibility with the Samsung.  Please help.  

Question

alexa interface to genie H44-500 receiver

I've tried several alexa-compatible universal remotes, and nothing seems to pair adequately with the Genie H44-500 receiver I have. The receiver isn't on the pairing list for the remote, and attempting to program the device using my RC73 remote fails on more than half the buttons, including critical

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Closed

Using an HR54-700 with DirecTV Sreaming

I recently dropped U-Verse and replaced it with DirecTV Streaming. My LG Smart TV will not allow the DTV app to load. AT&T advised that I needed to rent a 'box' for $5/month extra. I have an HR54-700 from a prior DTV subscription. Can I use it to connect to the net and sent the DTV Streaming s

Question

Help fix error 775

Unable to fix 775 problem communicating with dish

Question

How do I change recording settings from record all channels

When recording tv series I get showings from all channels rather than just the current showing.  How do I set up series manager to only record the current upcoming show instead of all the shows repeating on all channels.

Question

HR54 with multiple Gemini

Just curious if anyone on here is successfully running HR54 with more than 2 Gemini wired to it? Like 3-5 of them.

Question

Remote not working

Sometimes the remote will arrow down the lists but most of the time it doesn’t work. I tried taking the back off to replace batteries. Problem with that! I cannot get it off. Anyone have a hint for that?

Question

NEED HELP?

Pinned Posts

Accepted Solutions

View More

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.