For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
tstaggs707's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 8:58 PM

iPhone trade in not credited

I sent two private messages to ATTCares and ATTMobilityCare but have not received any response. I described my issue where I traded in my iPhone 6 but am not receiving credit on my bill. I called support 3 times about this issue before being directed here. I was told that they couldn't add the code onto my account and I had to post in a user forum. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

Was there a reason?   Did you send the phone back with the code for the fall trade in?

More info needed...

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@tstaggs707 A few questions before making suggestions (suggestions are generally based on the answers you give):

1. What model iPhone did you trade in? iPhone 6
2. Your purchased your iPhone 7 specifically when? (or order date)
3. You turned off Find My iPhone?
4. The turned in iPhone was definitely 100% paid off?
5. You purchased the new iPhone on Next? 
6. You haven't been late for any of your payments since you purchased?
7. You turned it in at the AT&T store or in the mail?
8. What date did you turn in the iPhone?
9. Your receipt for turning it in said $0.00 for the trade in?
10. You removed the 4-digit passcode from the iPhone?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

The rep I spoke with told me the code was not on my account. I did the trade in at an ATT store as a part of the fall promotion for a free iPhone 7 and turned my phone in there. They also ordered my wife's at the same time and hers has been getting the credits.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Gary, yes I did all that stuff you listed. It's not my first rodeo and I'm plenty well versed in prepping my phone for trade/return. I completed those tasks in the store with the representative as soon as my new phone had restored properly.

I have called support 3 times about the issue and they sent me to this forum because they supposedly didn't have access to the trade in promo account codes.

Sorry for my short replies. Just tired of getting the run around from them. Feels dismissive to send me to a user forum after calling 3 times, spending an eternity on the phone with them, getting escalated to the supervisors, and still shoved off without resolution.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@tstaggs707 wrote:
Gary, yes I did all that stuff you listed. It's not my first rodeo and I'm plenty well versed in prepping my phone for trade/return. I completed those tasks in the store with the representative as soon as my new phone had restored properly.

It was NOT a list of things to do, some of it asked you for dates. So saying yes you did it doesn't give me any info.  All it really can do is make me wonder how much you paid attention the original requirements. 

Can't help or make suggestions without answers.

Sorry for my short replies.

Me too.

Remember you posted here. If you aren't going to interact, I'm not sure why...

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Oh good grief, Gary. Unless you work for AT&T you're not going to be able to resolve the problem anyway. I could restore an iPhone in my sleep. It's definitely not an issue of disabling passcode or Find my Phone. I bought the new phone at an AT&T store the day of the iPhone 7 release (9/16/16). My iPhone 6 was owned outright (was not on the Next plan prior to upgrading to the iPhone 7). I don't have the receipt with me at work to reference whether it said $0.00. I don't want to iteract on a user forum, I want AT&T to fix their problem. I already filed appropriate feedback to AT&T customer support that sending a customer to publically post in a user forum in order to have a billing issue resolved was NOT a wise choice. This is also why I didn't post in the public forum first, but tried sending direct messages to the ATT support members of the forum as best I could determine. They haven't even read those messages that I posted over a week ago. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@tstaggs707 wrote:

Oh good grief, Gary. Unless you work for AT&T you're not going to be able to resolve the problem anyway. I could restore an iPhone in my sleep. It's definitely not an issue of disabling passcode or Find my Phone. I bought the new phone at an AT&T store the day of the iPhone 7 release (9/16/16). My iPhone 6 was owned outright (was not on the Next plan prior to upgrading to the iPhone 7). I don't have the receipt with me at work to reference whether it said $0.00. I don't want to iteract on a user forum, I want AT&T to fix their problem. I already filed appropriate feedback to AT&T customer support that sending a customer to publically post in a user forum in order to have a billing issue resolved was NOT a wise choice. This is also why I didn't post in the public forum first, but tried sending direct messages to the ATT support members of the forum as best I could determine. They haven't even read those messages that I posted over a week ago. 

Good grief, seriously? Look at the amount of work you're making me go through to try and help you

1) If we figured out if you did anything wrong in the process, it would be resolved. Not to your satisifaction, but it would solved. Nor the result that I'd prefer, but sometimes finding the problem brings understanding to the run around you're getting.

2) You spent way more time explaining you know how to restore an iPhone (which I didn't actually ask) than it would take for the answers. No one rushed you, you could have waited to get home. That said, if you get the answers to all the questions I'll be happy to look at them. 

C) I spend a LOT of time in the forums, to assume I won't have good suggestions is a decision you have to make.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Gary, first let me apologize for venting my frustration in your direction. I am frustrated at customer support, not at you. Sorry for sending frustration your way when you're just volunteering to help.

Back to my issue, I was not able to locate my receipt at home. I hope I didn't discard it! I'll keep looking.

Let me also revisit your questions:
1. iPhone 6
2. 9/16/16
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. No
7. AT&T store
8. 9/16/16
9. Not sure
10. Yes

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I am having the same issue, except I took my phone to the ATT store. I was told I would receive my credit next month. I would receive two moths credit. Tonight I was told it takes three months. When I asked for a supervisor, I got the rudest most unprofessional excuse of a person ever. Charles Bell. Bottom line they do not care, and they will not care unless it costs them. Even then I doubt they have the capacity to correlate any cost to their poor customer service. I will definitely be switching to another carrier.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

@tstaggs707  

Go to the store and get a copy of your trade in receipt if you don't have it.  It should verify you were trading in with the promo code. 

Next step is contact support through the forum here >> @ATTMobilityCare

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.