For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
eternalcraze's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, October 23rd, 2018 6:44 PM

getting a charge dispute resolved

I recently purchased 3 new iphones. uopn purchase I asked on a recorded phone conversation specific questions regarding the exact charges that would be associated with the purchase of these new phones. I specifically asked if there would be any upgrade fees, charges, etc and was told no. I then was charged of course for the "upgrade fees" after I called to the loyalty department spending over 3 hours on the phone trying to resolve this. I then received a voicemail that I saved stating from an att loyalty agent that the credit for the "upgrade fees" had been credited to my account- then today I randomly receive a bill for the exact amount of the "upgrade fees" after I was told that my account was credited. is there a better system that I can use so I have it in writing that my account has been adjusted properly? please let me know ASAP!

-thanks

Guru

• 

561 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, there are three better systems you can use. T-Mobile, Sprint, and Verizon.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

6 years ago

I know for a fact Verizon charges upgrade fees and won’t waive them.  

@eternalcraze

Despite what you were told verbally what ever terms and conditions that were emailed would have included notice about up pgrade and restock, and you had to agree to get your phones sent.  If you upgrade in person, they ask you to signed each item.  

In short, it’s a legit charge that all customers pay if you upgrade with ATT.  You would have agreed to it somewhere along the line in writing, which ATT is holding you to.   

If you don’t want to pay upgrade fees, don’t upgrade with carrier financing.  You can purchase phones at full price, at many retailers, like Best Buy, swap your old SIM card and avoid the fees.

(With one exception, I’ve done it this way for almost 5 years)

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Sorry to say, this seems to be a common complaint seen here. Customers are promised no upgrade fee but get charged anyway. We have not heard of too many people successfully getting them waived, regardless of what proof they have. Even ATT employees don’t get out of the upgrade fees. I hope you have better luck.

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

6 years ago

@eternalcraze  I can verify what @lizdance40 wrote about how to avoid paying upgrade fees. I paid full price for the IPhone Xs from Apple and did not pay the fee.  Planned ahead and had money saved for full price.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.