For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Cindyb515's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 1st, 2018 4:40 PM

Why is there an Access Fee added to each line?

I’m on a 20g share plan with 5 lines.  What is this fee for?  I already pay for the wireless plan and for each phone and taxes and other fees. I really am being to hate AT&T 😡

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Cindyb515

you pay for a data plan and then pay a access fee for each line to access said data plan. I am assuming that is what you are talking about.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@ukirockgurl That is just the way every ATT wireless plan is structured. There is one charge for the data plan regardless of how many lines use the data, then each line pays a line fee or access fee. That access fee pays for unlimited talk and text for that line. It is not an additional fee and it is not for voicemail.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

When you choose a plan, ATT states the following:  

All plans include unlimited talk & text. Prices include device access charges.

Why am I being charged again for device access on my bill? You call it "VISUAL VOICEMAIL ACCESS"?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Yep it says it online but it's a stupid additional fee that's free income to AT&T - I've had a horrible customer service experience so far but I already switched so I'm stuck. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

@ukirockgurl wrote:

Yep it says it online but it's a stupid additional fee that's free income to AT&T - I've had a horrible customer service experience so far but I already switched so I'm stuck. 

Name one carrier that doesn’t charge for each device using its cellular  service.

You cant, as there is none.  

And it’s fair.     Don’t you think you should pay less for one line than I do for 5, or someone with 10?   

Postpaid has a base plan price.  Each added device increases the cost.   

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.