For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
LegalEagle65's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, October 16th, 2017 7:59 PM

Why is my total service bill so much higher than promised?

In July, I went to an AT&T store and switched services from Verizon to AT&T. That included cell service, wi-fi and cable. I was given a buy-one-get one-free deal on the newest Android phone and was promised a TOTAL payment of $240 a month, TOTAL, for ALL THREE things. I have this promise in writing. The salesman, Alex, said it would take two billing cycles to come through, but I am STILL paying over $300 for my services and I am also still paying for BOTH phones being leased, rather than just the one. This is not what I was promised and if you cannot fulfill your promises, then I want out. What the heck? Any advice?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

Phones are not leased, they are sold on installments.  The credit on a promotional phone would appear by the 3rd bill.  Your quote would not include taxes.  Those 2 items may lower your bill to what is expected.   If you are on the unlimited Plus account another credit the 3rd bill would be the $25 video loyalty credit.  

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Lease, buy, it's all semantics. I am still paying a significantly higher price than promised. I am already past my third billing cycle. So frustrated. And so bummed I switched carriers.

Former Employee

• 

50 Messages

6 years ago

You should call to the customer service then because if you got a BO-GO/buy one-get one, the credits will appear on your bill within the 2nd or 3rd billing cycle, besides that you going to be billed the price of the free phone and then receive a monthly bill credit.
When the validation is confirmed, if the you have had two or three AT&T Next installment charges, you will receive two or three credits on one bill to resolve the past installment charges.
You also need to know that:
If the Get One line (the free one) is cancelled, bill credits stop, and you will be responsible for remaining balance of installment agreement immediately.
Voluntary suspensions pause the credit until your line becomes active again
But for an AT&T representative to check all this, you need to call at the customer service, because anyone here will be able to check that for you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.