For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Mrsmora's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, September 4th, 2016 5:58 PM

Closed

When a sales rep lies to you to make a sale...

When a sales representative lies to you to make a sale, shouldn't you receive fair treatment? I was told that we could still take advantage of a BOGO offer that had expired by a sales rep. during an online chat. BECAUSE of the BOGO deal, I agreed to get two iPhone 6s. I had the chat transcript emailed to me, so I do have proof. Now, four months later, I'm being given a $115 credit out of the inconvenience for their rep's lie. I'm really hoping that AT&T has some integrity and will give us the BOGO offer; otherwise, we're still going to be out some $500! Something is WRONG with this picture! Shouldn't AT&T be responsible for their employees lie 100%?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

When did you buy the phones?

May?   Or April?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

It was April 27th when I was chatting with the rep. and made the purchase.

Guru

• 

408 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you for posting about your concern @Mrsmora [] You are entitled to submit a formal complaint with all the proof you may want to include. Rest assure, AT&T conducts business with integrity, and will take the appropriate measure under its employee disciplinary policy. Alongside AT&T's integrity comes its business transparency, which includes the Terms & Conditions of all its service agreements and promotions (including the promotion's start/ending date, and eligibility) available to the prospect, new, and existent customer, for them to study before committing to buy or subscribe. Not only AT&T stands by its integrity and transparency, AT&T also allows a great level of flexibility in the form of the Buyer's Remorse period. The customer, even after accepting the Terms & Conditions, and even after they have already enjoyed the communication/entertainment solutions provided by AT&T, can return/cancel them as established in the AT&T Wireless Return Policy. Regarding the BOGO offers you mention, the period is 14 days. AT&T may provide a courtesy measure as an exception in some cases, however, AT&T is not legally required to honor incomplete/incorrect information provided by an employee. I can empathize and see myself chatting with any company's employee (an employee that may have received its final warning that day, or a distracted employee that has not realize some offer ended), and for that employee telling me I can have 2 items for the price of one. I would be excited, but I would also ask the employee where can I read the details of that promotion. Ultimately, its me e-signing with my debit/credit card, and accepting Terms & Conditions that I have no information about. The situation is dificult for us customers that have gone through it, but one grows strong and learns the lesson, at least I have. You may be disappointed with one brand name, but it will continue to happen elsewhere if you don't take control over it. I really dislike seeing you going through this, and I wish you the best of luck in resolving this matter! Kind regards, Misael

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

The rep had no right to make the offer, which expired 3/31.   

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I totally agree but now we're out the money because of the rep. I guess I was gullable. Having the conversation in writing does me no good. We're screwed and AT&T gets to laugh all the way to the bank. They employed a cheat and a liar and they should have to be responsible for his actions!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

While you are correct, I should've read the contract, I'm still extremely angry. I was told that he'd honor it as long as we started two new lines. He straight up lied to me. I asked if he's honor it even though it expire? He said yes. I even mentioned I couldn't see the deal on my end and he said he was taking care of it on the back end......TOTAL LIE just to make a sale! Maybe it is my responsibility to read terms and conditions and to double check the BOGO deal (which I thought asking the rep was enough!) BUT none of this, absolutely zero, should mean that AT&T won't honor it. Their rep., who REPRESENTS the company, lied. Lied. There isn't any way around it. I felt like I covered my backside by asking if he was sure he could honor it. We were in no hurry. We could've waited for the next BOGO sale. But since he said it was okay, we went ahead and went through with it then. Please direct me to the next person in line who doesn't care that I've been lied to and cheated to make a buck.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

I'm confused as to why either of you thought an expired promotion would be honored.  I guess in your shoes, I would have been sceptical then, and not surprised when it didn't pan out.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

As a customer, how is he supposed to know he was being lied to? He obviously knew the offer was expired but asked with the off chance an exception could be made. This company bends the rules all the time, in the stores especially. How dare you throw terms & conditions in his face when you the same people offering those terms and conditions dont abide by them yourselves. Just another clear example of companies not taking ownership of the situation that their employees cause. Instead of underhanded compliments while simultaneously politely telling this loyal customer of yours to shove off, why don't you honor the deal he was offered? But go ahead and keep selling $800+ phones that cost $100 to make & breaking this guys chops for trusting the word of your lying employee. It's all about money. Nothing else.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I purchased 2 iphones on 12/14/15 under the BOGO and still have not received my credits.  I have been calling AT&T for months and have had the store where the phones were purchased call as well.  The offer was valid when I purchased, however the sales rep set the installment plan up incorrectly so that the BOGO credits never started.  I was told I have 14 days after the purchase to make any changes, however, the credit wasn't suppose to show up for 4-5 billing cycles.  How is anyone going to know the rep screwed up if it takes that long for a credit to begin.  I am very SICK of AT&T and the lack of help or care that their support provides.  As of the today's call, I was told it would be 1-2 months longer before anything is changed.  This is WRONG.  I am in the hole and don't seem to be getting anywhere.  I have been an AT&T customer for over 25 years and have 6 cell phones, home phone, and internet service with them all on auto pay and this is the way they treat me!  I just cancelled one cell phone and will cancel everything else if they don't get me problem fixed within the next 2 months.  

AT&T- you need to make this right!

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

7 years ago

You can't rely on what a rep tells you over the phone. They only document the part of the conversation that they want to. After that you are bound by whatever they do. You should go to the at&t store to go over everything you are inquiring about. You should review all terms and conditions in writing and not go by what the rep tells you. The rep can be either be confused about what they can offer, lying to you to boost their own sales, or just making an honest mistake.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.