For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
puma2016's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, October 20th, 2016 4:25 AM

Visual voicemail???

Please explain this to me . My charges should only be 100.00 (for my 15G mobile shared value data plan) plus my 16.67 per month AT&T next plan payment plus $10.00 for my iPad mini and taxes and fees. That adds up to be 126.67 per month plus tax. Why do I have two $15.00 voice mail costs? (My bill total is $168.40) so am I paying $41.73 per month in "taxes and fees"? I seriously doubt it!! 😡 AT&T is a joke nowadays and our family been with them for over 17 years. Ridiculous.

Scholar

• 

337 Messages

8 years ago

First off I understand your frustration. I have had to explain this a lot just based on the fact that att call its access fees on the bill "access fee w/visual voice mail . The total cost is $40 on the Mobile Share Value plan. You receive a $25 discount for paying your phones off on ATT Next. Technically you are paying two $40 fees and taxes come from that. Now you have a great new plan that will not only save you money but give you 1gb extra of data. Follow me here.. 16GB MSA plan cost $90+tax each smart phone on a next is 20+tax tablet is $10+tax plus your instalment @ 16.67 so we are at if my math is right... 156.67 and you lose $40 taxable charges due to access fees(visual voice mail) being $20 less on each smart phone.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

8 years ago

The bill seemed to be correct. The 2 $15 are for phone access ($40-$25 credit). They are not for visual voice mail alone. The calculation for Mobile Share Advantage seemed to have some error. Where are surcharges and fees.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks. I think I understand. That being said, can you suggest some ways to save on or lower my bill? Thanks again.

Scholar

• 

337 Messages

8 years ago

@puma2016 Do you ever have overage on your 15gb Mobile share plan? I would recommend you go look at usage on your online account. Then we can make an educated decision together. https://www.macobserver.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/att-mobileshare-advantage-top-level-comparison-1024x659.jpg

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Useful link darthspader.. Thanks for sharing it

Scholar

• 

337 Messages

8 years ago

Well I tried there, so do you currently know about how much data you use a month. If it is around 10GB, then changing your plan to the new mobile share advantage will save you money.

Scholar

• 

337 Messages

8 years ago

• your current plan 15gb (data overage=$15 per 1GB over)
  • 100 plan price
  • 40-25=15 smart phone 1
  • 40-25=15 smart phone 2
  • 10 ipad
  • 16.67 instalment
  • = 156.67+taxes

• 10GB mobile share advantage (no data overages)
  • 80 plan price
  • 20 smartphone 1
  • 20 smartphone 2
  • 10 ipad
  • 16.67 installment
  • =146.67+taxes

• 16GB mobile share advantage (no data overages)
  • 90 plan price
  • 20 smartphone 1
  • 20 smartphone 2
  • 10 ipad
  • 16.67 installment
  • =156.47+taxes

Both 10GB and 16GB mobile share advantage also have a standard access fee of $20+tax as aposed to the $40+tax you are paying now, so bottom line saving tax on $40 worth of fees with the new plans. 

I hope this information can help you out.

Sincerly,

James

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you very much for that useful information. My average data usage is 12-13 GB usage per month so I'm thinking that I would have to keep it where I am now to avoid overage charges. However the 16GB plan seems to be a better deal than what I have now. Do you agree? (I also use my internet for work, so limiting my usage would not be possible in most situations).
Again thanks for you time and help.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

8 years ago

@darthspader @darthspader:

Although you give the link to Mobile Share Advantage Plan, I don't think you mentioned the big difference of that and Mobile Share Value Plan. MSA has no overage. Once the mobile data is use up, the data rate just got reduced to ??, but you will be able to continue to use data with no overage.

The other point about saving surcharges and fees on $20 vs $40 per line. Is it really true? First of all, if those charges are based on cost per line, shouldn't it be base on ($40-$25) $15 per line rather than $40? If those charges are base on each line, there will be little or no difference.

Scholar

• 

337 Messages

8 years ago

@puma with your usage @ 12-13gb the 16 would be a good plan to switch to. It looks like more value for you.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.