Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
Oliveeye2's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, March 6th, 2017 4:02 PM

Trade-In Credit Not Received; After Six Months, No Resolution

I took advantage of the Fall AT&T promotion that promised $650 worth of credits towards a new iPhone 7 32GB (ultimately making the iPhone 7 free) if a fully paid for and good working iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, or 6s Plus is traded in. The promotion ended on September 30, 2016. 

I called into AT&T requesting the iPhone 7 for a new line I was adding to my account, and I told them that I wanted this with the promotion. This phone call took place on September 25th, 2016. The phone was on backorder due to popularity of the item at this time. When I received the new black iPhone 7 in the mail, I promptly took my rose gold iPhone 6, 64GB to my local AT&T store to complete the trade-in process. My iPhone 6 was received at the AT&T store on October 3, 2016.

I was told the trade-in credit would be applied to my account no more than three months after these transactions. Six months into this, I have yet to see those credits applied. I have called AT&T customer service each month with no result or explanation, wasting hours of my time and energy. I have visited my local AT&T store, and I am met with blank stares and no answers. I am continually told that a new case will be filed, and I should receive a resolution in several business days. I have asked several times over for the phone number or the name of someone that can help me and/or give me an answer as to when this will be resolved, but I am told each time that there is no one that I can speak with. "We don't have those phone numbers." I have yet to be contacted by anyone with any information after filing multiple cases. I am still be charged monthly for the iPhone 7, and I have received no credit for my iPhone 6 that I traded in.

I am very frustrated by the lack of support and information that I have received after a laughable amount of time. I almost feel as though AT&T has stolen me from considering that my iPhone 6 was taken without compensation, and now I am being charged for a phone that was supposed to cost me nothing.

Today alone I spent over two hours on the phone before finally speaking with the highest authority I was allowed. Her name was Katrina G., and she was located in Central Florida. My latest case number is available as well as my previous case numbers. Is there any way that I can have someone with authority and answers to my questions regarding this reach out to me?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Oliveeye2 Did you actually order it on the 25th? (I'm not sure what "request" means) Did you get a receipt? What date is on the receipt?

When you turned in the phone, what was the value on the receipt that they gave you?  $0.00 or a dollar amount or did it mentioun the promotion?

Was your iPhone 6 100% paid off when you turned it in?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

@Gary L

I did place the order for the iPhone7 on September 25th, 2016. (Sorry if I didn't make that clear.) I have the Order Confirmation here in front of me, and it has that date on it as the "order entry date".

When I traded in my iPhone 6, I received a receipt that states "Trade In Credit - $0.00". It is a physical, printed receipt since this transaction took place at a brick and mortar location. It doesn't have the promotion code on the receipt, just a Trade-In Quote ID #.

And, yes, my iPhone 6 was completely paid off when I turned it in.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Oliveeye2 wrote:

I did place the order for the iPhone7 on September 25th, 2016. (Sorry if I didn't make that clear.) I have the Order Confirmation here in front of me, and it has that date on it as the "order entry date".

When I traded in my iPhone 6, I received a receipt that states "Trade In Credit - $0.00". It is a physical, printed receipt since this transaction took place at a brick and mortar location. It doesn't have the promotion code on the receipt, just a Trade-In Quote ID #.

And, yes, my iPhone 6 was completely paid off when I turned it in.

It was clear-ish, but I've learned to not make too many assumptions, in these matters.

Especially since that offer actually ended on Spet. 25th (and you also mentioned the 30th, which was only Puerto Rico). http://att.com/tradeinoffer

That all sounds good! 

Assuming(!) you haven't been missing payments (your account needs to be in good standing) send a message to @ATTMobilityCare 

Inlcude copies of the confirmation code, I'd provide a photo of the iPhone 6 receipt. Include everything, account info and contact info.

Bug them every 7-10 days!

Let us know what happens.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

@Gary L

Thanks for the trade-in link. I had printed out the information for the promotion way back when, and I guess I printed out the one for Puerto Rico. I was thinking this whole time that I had had five days to spare! Regardless, I made the deadline, and I shouldn't be having such a hard time getting this settled.

My account is in good standing, and I've never missed a payment.

I'm definitely going to keep on this. I've actually gone ahead and printed out a Note of Dispute to formally mail in with copies of all of my documentation. That will give AT&T approximately 30 days to respond.

I will definitely continue to reach out to @ATTMobilityCare in the meantime. Thanks for the help!!

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

7 years ago

I feel your pain.  I traded in two iPhone 6 devices.  Both by the 9/25 deadline.  They received my 6 devices (x2) on October 6th.  One has already been resold.  Still no answers from ATT and no bill credits.  I have dozens of pages of chat transcripts and have had multiple 'ICU' cases escalated and have been told 3x I'll be getting a call in 72 hours (they never call).  I went back to my brick and mortar store and they are escalating it from their side.  My brick and mortar store is awesome.  Great employees.  Phone support...not so much.  Good luck!  I recommend getting your store involved.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

7 years ago

Give @ATTMobilityCare a try.  They will want all documents and contact information via this private message.

If everything lines up, but no results, complain to BBB or AG office in your state.   

If you met every requirement, ATT needs to pony up.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40

I reached out to @ATTMobilityCare yesterday after @Gary L 's advice to do so. I heard back from them requesting more information. (I included pictures of all of my documentation which had all of the information they requested on it, but I guess they didn't want to look too closely at anything.) Since responding to their reply with the information they requested, I haven't heard back . Fingers crossed.

@DocMarshall

I feel your pain. I went to my brick and mortar store, but they all were baffled as to why I hadn't yet received my credits. I might try again if this doesn't go anywhere this week. I actually got a phone call from a representative when I posted on AT&T's Facebook page yesterday. I recieved a response via Facebook Messenger pretty quickly and received a phone call later yesterday evening. Nothing has been resolved, as everyone keeps saying "they are looking into it", but at least I'm getting some attention. I had yet to have anyone call me back like you. Best of luck!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Oliveeye2

Update us when you get results.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

48 hours passed since I heard back from @ATTMobilityCare after responding to their reply asking for more information. I sent another message this morning pointing out that it has been two days, and I received both a phone call and a message reply just now.

I have been told that there isn't a particular reason that this has taken as long as it has, but my case that was promised a resolution by yesterday is still not resolved, nor is a case that was filed back in January. I was promised, however, that I am in the "final processing part of working on adding the correct codes to the account to start receiving the credits for the trade-in." Not sure how long this should take, but I am slightly relieved that my trade-in has "supposedly" been accepted, not lost in the world of cell phone buying/trading/upgrading/etc.

I will keep you all updated as to how long it takes before I see those credits being applied to my monthly bill without me having to call in.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

7 years ago

Oliveeye2, I heard that same song and dance that you are hearing.  My retail store's assistant manager and her district manager credited my account for the full $1300 I was owed since the last time I posted on this thread.  The assistant manager was told my case was under final resolution, but every time she called back they would tell her to 'wait another week' just like they had been telling me.  The DM had enough, so he fixed it for me.  Like I said, I have an awesome Brick and Mortar store.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.