For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
tom48a2z's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, February 19th, 2018 4:17 PM

Time to pay the Bill

My billing cycle starts/end approximately on the 5th day of the month, which is when my bill should be printed and mailed. However every month, I do not receive my bill until the 15th-17th of the month, and my due date is the 25th of the month. So you take 10-12 days to mail it to me, but expect me to return it in 8-10 days. I know it's not my mail service, because I have no other problems with receiving or sending mail. In fact, I get my mail faster than anyone I know. I tried to talk to on the phone to customer service on 1/22/2018, but they kept giving me a run-around, and finally said they'd have to call me back, which they never did. And I was on the phone for almost 20 minutes with them. And unless you can guarantee me a "fixed" amount phone bill each month, I do not want an automatic payment. There is no reason that you should not get my bill out sooner. I worked for a major bank, and we had to print and mail our monthly statements out ASAP, or we would be in major trouble.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@tom48a2z wrote:

My billing cycle starts/end approximately on the 5th day of the month, which is when my bill should be printed and mailed. However every month, I do not receive my bill until the 15th-17th of the month, and my due date is the 25th of the month. So you take 10-12 days to mail it to me, but expect me to return it in 8-10 days. I know it's not my mail service, because I have no other problems with receiving or sending mail. In fact, I get my mail faster than anyone I know. I tried to talk to on the phone to customer service on 1/22/2018, but they kept giving me a run-around, and finally said they'd have to call me back, which they never did. And I was on the phone for almost 20 minutes with them. And unless you can guarantee me a "fixed" amount phone bill each month, I do not want an automatic payment. There is no reason that you should not get my bill out sooner. I worked for a major bank, and we had to print and mail our monthly statements out ASAP, or we would be in major trouble.

You can review your bill online on probably the 6th or 7th. 

You can make a payment online at any time. 

If you choose to rely on the slowest methods of receiving your bill and sending your payment, then you'll have to work with AT&T's dates. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Your bill is not generated until 3-4 days after the start of the bill cycle. In other words, the statement that the bill should be mailed at the start of the bill cycle is not true and ATT is not taking 10-12 days to mail it. They are taking 3-4 days to mail it, the rest you can blame on the US Postal Service. Nobody’s bill is ready at the start of the bill cycle.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Hello, thanks for the replies. I'm not sure how you know the billing procedure information, but if it takes them 3-4 days to generate bills, AT&T is living in the dark ages. As I said in my post, they should be able to generate the bills immediately upon the end of the billing cycle. This is why I get ALL my other fills about 4-5 days after the end of their billing cycle. This includes my electric bill, my credit card statements, mortgage statement, etc. Computers have been used for over 50 years, especially for this purpose. I worked in major companies with computers for over 40 years, so I do know what I'm talking about.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@tom48a2z wrote:

Hello, thanks for the replies. I'm not sure how you know the billing procedure information, but if it takes them 3-4 days to generate bills, AT&T is living in the dark ages. As I said in my post, they should be able to generate the bills immediately upon the end of the billing cycle. This is why I get ALL my other fills about 4-5 days after the end of their billing cycle. This includes my electric bill, my credit card statements, mortgage statement, etc. Computers have been used for over 50 years, especially for this purpose. I worked in major companies with computers for over 40 years, so I do know what I'm talking about.

I find it hard to believe any company produces a bill the first day of the billing cycle; computers don't make everything instantaneous. The various billing systems have to communicate, files processed and verified, etc. 

Regardless, it doesn't matter. You know how the AT&T bill works, so plan accordingly. 

Or come out of the "dark ages" yourself; review and pay your bill online!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

It takes 3-4 days to produce the bill because it takes 2-3 days for all usage data to be posted and to close out the previous month, including anything that might be billed like international calls, data overages, etc. It has nothing to do with being in the dark ages. It is rather funny to me that anyone still relying on the US Mail rather than going paperless would refer to ATT as being in the dark ages. Plus as stated earlier, even with your paper bill, you can still see what is owed online as soon as the bill is ready, no need to wait for the mail.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I'm a CUSTOMER, not a SERVICE PROVIDER. As long as AT&T offers paper billing & and payment, I should receive appropriate service for that. Thank you. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.