For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Ewesty1's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, February 23rd, 2017 1:16 AM

Switching from verizon

I am a current Verizon customer on a family plan, I am on a month to month contract with my line and I am considering switching to at&t because the area I am moving to gets at&t coverage and not Verizon. I also would need to have unlimited data and be able to have my line be a hot-spot for internet. Wondering what the costs of this would be and if I can keep the same phone #. Thanks!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Unfortunately, you can't get unlimited data and hotspot. ATT's unlimited plan does not allow tethering/hotspot. We are hoping that will change but as of now, no. A single line is $100/month.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

What would be the plan I could get where I could have the most data as well as hot-spot?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

All of the shared data plans allow hotspot. Price depends on how much data you select. Plans and prices are here: https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Ewesty1 wrote:
What would be the plan I could get where I could have the most data as well as hot-spot?

$470 for 100GB will let you hotspot to your heart's content.

There are other options if you need wireless home internet...

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Ewesty1 wrote:
I am a current Verizon customer on a family plan, I am on a month to month contract with my line and I am considering switching to at&t because the area I am moving to gets at&t coverage and not Verizon. I also would need to have unlimited data and be able to have my line be a hot-spot for internet. Wondering what the costs of this would be and if I can keep the same phone #. Thanks!

att does not allow tethering with there unlimited plans....

@Gary L

that was funny....

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.