For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Julielane83's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 12:35 PM

Service Suspended for past due bill

I contacted the AT&T Customer Service Rep on June 26, 2017 due to me not being able to keep my payment arrangement for June 25, 2017 due to financial hardship, I had a death in the family and needed to help cover some of the expenses. I called the Rep and told him I wouldn't be able to make a payment until July 3rd however I would've tried making a payment on June 30 even though it would have put my family and I in a financial strain. He told me he wasn't sure when my phone would be disconnected and the only way to prevent it from happening is by paying the past due balance. My account is past due by one month and the amount that is owed is 179.00. I know its my own doing that has me in this situation but can you please show a little more compassion for your Customer's. Now my phone is off due to past due balance. I'm a Foster Parent and I use my phone a lot to keep in contact with the kids and in an event there is a emergency, I need to contact their case worker and or their case worker need to reach me. My cell phone is the only number I have and can be reached by. I really need help and I can't afford to be without service.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@Julielane83 This is a customer to customer forum, not customer support. Unfortunately, asking for compassion here won't get you anything because we're just other customers. You can try reaching out to @ATTMobilityCare via private message. If you can't get your service reconnected, consider getting a prepaid SIM card. You will have a different number but for as little as $10, you can at least have phone service. Good luck.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Julielane83 wrote:
I contacted the AT&T Customer Service Rep on June 26, 2017 due to me not being able to keep my payment arrangement for June 25, 2017 due to financial hardship, I had a death in the family and needed to help cover some of the expenses. I called the Rep and told him I wouldn't be able to make a payment until July 3rd however I would've tried making a payment on June 30 even though it would have put my family and I in a financial strain. He told me he wasn't sure when my phone would be disconnected and the only way to prevent it from happening is by paying the past due balance. My account is past due by one month and the amount that is owed is 179.00. I know its my own doing that has me in this situation but can you please show a little more compassion for your Customer's. Now my phone is off due to past due balance. I'm a Foster Parent and I use my phone a lot to keep in contact with the kids and in an event there is a emergency, I need to contact their case worker and or their case worker need to reach me. My cell phone is the only number I have and can be reached by. I really need help and I can't afford to be without service.

For good or bad, AT&T is a for-profit company and it wants to provide value for shareholders, not compassion for customers. A payment arrangement is sometimes referred to as a "promise to pay" and as far as AT&T is concerned, you broke your promise. 

Is there a family member, friend, religious organization, or charity you can get to help you out? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.