For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Jonathan83flor's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, July 31st, 2019 6:09 AM

Re: Customer service rep lied to me about billing cost as a result of service change

I was promised better service faster internet.  And $1,250 in gift cards for buying 5 cell phones.  And a promo buy 4 ph get 5th free. And I was told I was only going to pay for 1 galaxy 10 and 1 style 4 full retail and if I turned  in the other 5 ph it bring the price down  on other phones.  But none of it is true. My ph bill double  for a very slow internet.  Buffering  alot. Can't see videos  can't even  get on internet.  Pages get timed out that 5g thing  and the super fast internet  is what he sold and I never got. Now I have almost $3000 in phone loans. Pluse a $230 phone  bill. For 5 lines when I was paying $100 for 4 lines with better internet. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

If the service was poor and right from day one, you should’ve returned all of your phones and ported your numbers back to your old carrier within 3 days to avoid activation and service charges, or within 14 days to be able to return phones and terminate all future responsibility to AT&T.  

Since it seems you have waited out the 14 days, stayed with AT&T long enough to get a bill, then this is your problem now to resolve.  You have to pay for the phones.  But you can sell them to pay off your At&t account and go back to your previous carrier.  

Credits for free phones take 3 months, and auto pay discounts take 2 bills.

Restock fees are $45 per phone.

Had you read all the papers you signed you would know all this.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.