For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
bigbarthy's profile

Mentor

• 

64 Messages

Wednesday, July 3rd, 2019 9:54 PM

Question about Veterans discount and AT&T Unlimited &MoreSM Premium plan

I changed my plan to AT&T Unlimited and More Premium Plan.  It has some nice perks.  One is a free premium channel.  I logged into my ATT WatchTV plan and there I selected HBO.  Since then, I've been paying for HBO from DirecTV.  I was told this was fixed; it's not.  Next I applied for a veterans discount plan.  I was sent to this site to be registered. I did that, and uploaded the proper document.  Shortly thereafter I was notified that I had been registered successfully.  I still haven't seen my discount. When will this take hold and will I be retroactively reimbursed to the date of being registered? (I should be).  Does DirecTV also honor the request for veterans discount?   Appreciate any and all help.  Thank you

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

It can take two to three bill cycles for the discount to show up. Once it does, it should be retroactive to when you registered. Once it is applied, you will also get a $15 discount on Directv. As for still paying for HBO with Directv, that should stop but I can’t tell you for sure how quickly that will happen. When I got the Unlimited & More plan, my military discount was already in place on my old plan, so the 25% discount kicked in immediately. I also picked HBO as my premium and also have Directv but I was not already subscribed to HBO. It took about a week for them to turn the HBO channels on my Directv account.

Mentor

• 

64 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for your help. I was wondering if there is a way to check on the
status of my registration? You know how sometimes things get lost and the
next thing you are asked "when did you put it in"? "we don't have a record
of your request". About the HBO, I didn't have it turned on either until I
chose it while signing up to the ATT WatchTV. I have been charged for it
since then. I've contacted them and they've argued with me. Told me I don't
get it free. I just quit arguing with them.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.