For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
GeekBoy's profile

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

Thursday, January 8th, 2015 1:30 AM

Roll-Over Data

After as many people as there were complaining that AT&T *needed* to offer roll-over data, I'm surprised that none of them are here to talk about AT&T taking their great advice...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Last week I received a text message from AT&T saying that I would be able to roll over my unused data to the next month's cycle ,,, I looked on my account and I didn't see it being rolled over ,, can someone from AT&T please explain to me why this didn't happen ,,, my data usage is high enough and I was counting on the unused data for this upcoming month ,, thank you ,, I'll be looking for a response asap

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

9 years ago

The date the program begins is January 25, today.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Rollover was supposed to start yesterday n still don't c it.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

9 years ago

Any data you don't use during  the current period (ending on or after Jan 25), will roll over to the next one. When does your data reset?

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

@linso69 wrote:
Rollover was supposed to start yesterday n still don't c it.

Have you had a new bill since then?  If not, then you wouldn't have any rollover yet.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Well, rollover data was something I was waiting for for a long time by AT&T, but I was disappointed when I read that you have to use your paid data first and then the rollover ones. In my opinion the rollover should be the first to consume then yours, that way you have some data to rollover... This way is really not rollover because the rules will never let you roll any data if you used your data first and if you don't used you loose it anyway, so what's the point of save some data to roll in case you needed later...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

The rolllover data plan as I understand it is so weak why not just let it all roll over just like you used to do with phone minutes?

If it's not used its not costing anybody time or labor. Just let it acclimate and have more happy customers.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Wireless product suggestion:

My AT&T wireless plan, called Mobile Share Value Plan, has recently implemented a data rollover benefit. It's helpful, but could be improved and that's the purpose of this message.

The problem is that I can never use my entire data allotment out of concern that I don't want to go over and have to pay overage charges. I monitor my use with online resources such as the iPhone AT&T app. Still, however, there is a delay in reporting so that I can never know exactly how much data I have left. Also, I curtail my use of applications like Netflix because I need to make sure I can make it to the end of the month without a data overage while retaining enough data for necessary uses such as staying on top of my email and using maps while traveling.

To remedy this problem, I propose you consider one of three alternatives:

Alternative 1: Previously, I had a plan with rollover minutes that could be used anytime within a year before they expired. Once I exceeded my monthly allotment, the oldest unused rollover minutes would be used first.

I recommend and request that you have the same policy with rollover data. Allow it to be used anytime in the year following its initial application and use it first before newer rollover minutes.

This solution would enable me to use all the data I pay for. That seems to be a reasonable policy. Some months I can use less than the amount I'm paying for which would create the rollover data. Then in other months I can use more than that month's data allowance, drawing down the rollover data. Since having rollover data last over a year, I can then use up my oldest rollover data without worrying about data overage charges since my newer rollover data will be available as a buffer. I also don't have to try to use up my newer rollover data before it expires because it will last a year.

I was told be a supervisor named Bonnie that this option is the easiest to implement from a programming point of view.

Alternative 2: Count usage first from rollover data before counting usage from my monthly allotment. Under this alternative I don't have to be afraid of losing data I've paid for because as long as I use up the rollover data, the unused monthly allotment will not disappear and will be available in the following month.

Alternative 3: Allow me to use data from next month's allotment if I go over this month's allotment instead of charging an overage. That way I can use up the data I've paid for and not worry about being charged extra for going over up to the limit of my following month's allotment.

I hope you will implement one of these three options so that I can be confident that I can use the full amount of data that I'm paying for without risking an overage charge.

I hope you will agree that it's fair to implement a solution that enables me to get what I pay for. Thanks for your consideration.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

So the free rollover with att is only for the next month, not like minutes in the past, if your unused data goes more than 30 days it goes away!

Seriously ATT WHAT A SCAM!

Losen up the wallet and make it like the minutes, give them a born on date and let them expire but 30 days give me a break

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

It seems that the calculation of data usage may have changed when the rollover plan was implemented.  I have noticed about a 30% increase in calculated data usage in our family; but what we are doing is not changing.

Is there a chance a calculation was updated or changed that would cause this to happen?  I could see something like this being part of the new rollover plan; but would be concerned if it is affecting other people.

I do have a neighbor who reports the same issue.

Thanks,

Glenn

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.