For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
RB48723's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, June 15th, 2018 1:49 PM

Plan Change without My Consent

I have been an ATT customer for several years and have seen my bill increase on a regular basis. Recently I received a notice that I made changes to my account which I did not make. When I called the Customer Service number I was told that I was grandfathered in on a 10gb plan for my mobile devices and they decided to "improve" my service by upgrading me to a new 20gb plan at a cost increase of "only" $20 per month. I did not ask for this, wont use the additional gb and do not want to pay an additional $20. I was basically told that I had no choice and all other customers in my situation are happy about this change.  Really?  All other customers are happy with being forced to pay an additional $20 per month? The solution I was offered.....sign up for DirectTV and receive a bundle discount and visa gift card.  So let me get this straight ATT....you change my plan without my consent, raise my bill and offer me a discount only if I purchase yet another service for yet another monthly fee?  I think its time to start looking for a different provider.    

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Had the same experience yesterday. Spent 1.5 hrs on the phone. At one point they explained to me that I was saving 5 dollars per month by going to the 20gb plan. When I checked the bill, it was clearly not true and so I called them again, then spent another 1.5 hrs. In the end was told they have no say on the plans. 

Yes its ATT's way of saying you're stuck so live with it. [Edited to comply with Guidelines]

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Yes its ATT's way of saying you're stuck so live with it. It should not be legal and we need to get a class action suit out of this.

But it is legal, read the wireless agreement. Your plan change was a rate increase. Why do you believe it should be illegal for wireless carriers to raise their rates? Or do you think that should be illegal for everyone? 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

The same exact thing happened to me this past month. My unlimited plan went up by $10 and I was told that I was grand fathered in. Now my plan costs just as much as the other plans that they advertise. I've been with ATT for about ten years now; and after a couple of phone calls to customer service and getting contradicting information from each csr, I'm just gonna drop them and switch to another cell provider who's offering a lower price for the same service.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

5 years ago

@Ariel_G wrote:

The same exact thing happened to me this past month. My unlimited plan went up by $10 and I was told that I was grand fathered in. Now my plan costs just as much as the other plans that they advertise. I've been with ATT for about ten years now; and after a couple of phone calls to customer service and getting contradicting information from each csr, I'm just gonna drop them and switch to another cell provider who's offering a lower price for the same service.  

Do your homework, because that’s not true.  First a $10 increase on the untaxed portion, doubling your data plan, when no one offers large tiered plans any more, you CANNOT possibly beat that.

If you had the worst price to data combo, $100 for 10 gigs, or $10 per gig.  The price would be $110 for 20 gigs, or $5.50 per gig.  

The reason AT&T increase the cost of this plan is it because it’s FAR cheaper than any of the current plans.   I can’t even get cheaper from T-mobile with their “one” pricing.  

The Value plan with $15 line fees is much cheaper than any of the new plans.  Taxes alone will cause a big jump in the per line cost.    Verizon would mean an unlimited plan, costing me $100 more.  AT&T Unlimited would cost me $80 more.  T-mobile came closest in price, but has no coverage, they would only be $48 more (although Netflix for free is nice, so it’s more like $40). 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.