For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
lisabone's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, January 8th, 2017 6:23 PM

Hurricane Matthew and relief of data overage charges

I have called four times since the hurricane and verified that Charleston County SC was a county that was approved for overage charges to be forgiven.  I have had two open cases since October and each time I am assured the charges will be removed from my bill but they continue to show up.  I am worried this will negatively impact my credit and I do not understand why this hasn't been fixed yet.  PLEASE can someone at AT&T help me.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@lisabone  Please review the relief offer here.  http://about.att.com/story/att_expands_relief_for_those_affected_by_hurricane_matthew.html

"In counties in South Carolina and North Carolina, talk, text, and data usage from October 7 through 11 will not result in overage charges for post-paid customers.**"

Then review your usage on the bill for this time period.  Usage before the 7th and after the 11th is not exempt from charges.  

For example:   If you have a 15 gig plan and used 20 gigs, and only 3 gigs were during the time period forgiven, then you would still be charged for 2 gigs.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you for the response.  We have a 20 GB plan and we went over by 7.8 GB. On 10-07 alone, we used way over that amount so it should all be  covered and our billing cycle ended on 10-08.  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lisabone wrote:

I am worried this will negatively impact my credit and I do not understand why this hasn't been fixed yet.  

You NEED to pay that bill. Don't let it affect your credit OR your standing with AT&T. 

Once they get it figured out, they'll credit it to your bill.  And you'll basically have most of that month covered.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

It's paid and I will never see that money again.  I will be looking into changing carriers now.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

Section 1.4 of TOS 

https://www.att.com/legal/terms.wirelessCustomerAgreement.html#whatChargesAmIResponsibleFor

You have the right to dispute charges, but have a limited time to do so.  Note address to mail a letter.   Also in section 2 is your right to arbitration.  Since your bill is paid, they can't make a fuss about late payment.  

Were you given an explaination?   

We did see a post from someone who hadn't changed his address from a non effected area (recent move). He did not get his overage waived.  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lisabone Is your billing address in the area they say they are crediting?

People are getting this credit

https://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-Billing/hurricane-Matthew/m-p/5035778#M111402

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Yes ... we moved here in august and I changed it on the ATT website then. This was confirmed by three ATT representatives each phone call as well as the county being included in the relief. That's the frustration in this....I keep being told that all was confirmed and it should be taken care of by "next week" over and over. It's all in the notes but no resolution.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@lisabone

Contact by message @ATTMobilityCare. And give them a time limit to fix it.  If that fails to get results, then its time to stop playing nice and file an outside complaint.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.