For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
pinecastle's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, December 24th, 2017 3:00 PM

How do you get AT&T to waive their bogus upgrade fee?

I have two wireless accounts.  One is my son's phone and the other is for my husband and me.  We all got iPhone X.

On my husband and my account they did not charge the $25 upgrade fee.  On my son's they did.  When I called

they gave some vague explanation about the account profile.  They are both my accounts. which I have had in Florida

for more than 15 years.  They refused to take the charge off.  The representative asked the supervisor and he declined

to waive the fee.  The phone was purchased from AT&T and the previous contract is long expired.  I tried calling back,

but there was a long hold and after a half hour I hung up.

Scholar

• 

335 Messages

6 years ago

there's always an upgrade fee for every upgrade. it really depends if the fee will be waived depending on fan discount, promo offer and sole discretion of at&t.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

The upgrade fee is rarely waived, I’m more surprised yours was. A possible explanation is if your account is getting a FAN discount. Many FAN discounts include waiving the upgrade fee but you would only be able to apply that to one account, not both. Since they are both in your name, why two accounts? It’s got to be cheaper to have all 3 lines on the same plan but even if you must have different plans, you can have two plans on one account. No need to have two accounts.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I could have accepted the upgrade fee, but they didn’t charge it for me and my husband when we got the iPhone X. I am the primary account holder on both accounts and they are both under the same corporate discount plan. Thanks, Anne

Scholar

• 

335 Messages

6 years ago

i agree having 2 accounts is more expensive than having one because of the base plan charge. if I were you, call tobr dept, have it transferred to the main account and ask to waive it since you are eligible for it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.