For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
grod46's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, December 8th, 2012 3:46 PM

High Second bill

Hello guys I just signed up for Wireless service on November 5 and I was surprised to find out that my second bill is 

$354.97 and my first bill was $105.95. Can anyone help me figure out why this is.

My plan is the Mobile Share with Unlimited Talk and Text with 6 GB of data. And I have 2 HTC One X smartphones on my account. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

Hello @grod46, it sounds like the first bill you received was a partial bill. If you started service before the billing date you would be billed initially for only those days. The second bill you received would be a full month of service plus one month in advance. Visit http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401260#fbid=dp5zP1iJLoD for more detailed explanations. 

Let us know if this helps! You can also reach me via Private Message if need be (top right, blue envelope). 

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@grod46 wrote:

Hello guys I just signed up for Wireless service on November 5 and I was surprised to find out that my second bill is 

$354.97 and my first bill was $105.95. Can anyone help me figure out why this is.

My plan is the Mobile Share with Unlimited Talk and Text with 6 GB of data. And I have 2 HTC One X smartphones on my account. 

did you just switch to mobile share between billing, if so the reason is the bill is pro-rated for your old plan to your new plan, in addition if you just activated the HTC One X's thsat can account for 72.00 of the bill as activation is 36.00 per device one time charge.  Would also need more details on which level of mobile share data allocation you have to assist.

Go through the copy of your bill to see where the additional charges are, each line should be broken down.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.