For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
eaton's profile

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, October 17th, 2017 3:00 AM

Given false and misleading information by ATT Wireless chat rep

Hi -

I had a long chat session with a rep the other day to add a 5th line to an unlimited family plan (given before unlimited plus or choice).  The rep told me I could add a 5th line, move to unlimited plus (which is more expensive than my unlimited plan), pay a lower rate and he would waive the activation fee. He also, while on the chat, told me he did everything (started the fifth line and that I would receive an email confirming everything).  I had the chat transcript sent to my email and waited for the plan to take effect.

The next day I logged in and realized my plan was not changed nor was the 5th line added.  When I called, they could not look up the chat reference number.  When I initiated another chat, they were able to see the chat discussion.  At the end of the day, they told me the rep gave me incorrect information.  They did not honor what I was told nor did they give me any benefit for receiving false and misleading information.

So - the savings/loyalty credit that he told me I would get apparently won't happen and ATT is really doing nothing on my behalf.

Any suggestions?  Bottom line is moving from my unlimited plan (which has unlimited data at high-speeds) to unlimited plus is a more expensive proposition.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

7 years ago

@eaton  The plans and prices are as described on ATT.com.  No other price will be honored.

Unless you have a large discount on the old unlimited plan, it is unlikely to be cheaper than the new plan.   

Q1.   How much are you paying for the old plans with 4 lines?

Q2.  Do you have ATT TV service.   

Guru

• 

382 Messages

7 years ago

It's best to read up on all promotions before calling customer service. That way there is no miscommunication.  Often even the reps aren't fully aware of the terms and conditions of all ongoing promotions.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for the response.

That is why I was somewhat confused when the rep promised a lower rate for the new plans. I guess my question is whether or not ATT will honor a reps misinformed quote, and if not, will they provide any discount for the screw-up..

I pay $165.50 for four lines. Old unlimited plan with fourth line free. I also have a FAN discount which wouldn’t be honored on the ATT unlimited plus plan. Adding a fifth would cost me $205.50 before taxes. Moving to unlimited plus would cost $215-220. There is zero difference between my plan and unlimited plus except HBO, streaming and TV discount.

What I would like is to stay on my plan but have ATT extend HBO and the Directv discount for their screw-up. In fact, I don’t know why they wouldn’t offer that since I am unlimited.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

7 years ago

@eaton

The prices and policies are as on the website and they will not change the prices.  

The cost for the new unlimited plus plan WITHOUT the FAN discount is the same.

$115  -$10 (auto pay and paperless discount) + (5 x $20)  = $205.   Not $220.  If you add a 6th Line, it would add another $20. The line fee is not $40 unless you still have a line in a contract.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

This sounds more like a miscommunication. Five lines on unlimited Plus is $205, the same as what you would pay adding a fifth line to your current plan. When you add in the $25 DTV discount, switching to unlimited Plus is cheaper. If you are an HBO subscriber, switching saves you even more. So, what was the lower rate the rep promised? Were there actual numbers given?

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Hmmm...I was told unlimited plus is $50 per line for 5 lines

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@eaton wrote:
Hmmm...I was told unlimited plus is $50 per line for 5 lines

They may have said “less than $50 per line” because that is the way they are advertising unlimited plus for 4 lines. Then again, you may have gotten a clueless rep.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

7 years ago

@eaton

Cell carries subscribe to “New Math”.  Worse than common core and not the least bit accurate.  

The “less than $50 per line” is and advertising gimmick, which is a lousy one since if people multiply as you did, they get the wrong estimate.   

The plan is ala carte.  

Plus is $115, and $20 per line except smart watches are $10

Choice is $85 and $20 per line except smart watches are $10

both multi line plans are eligible for $10 discount for autopay and paperless billing 

https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans.html

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.