For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Wednesday, August 9th, 2017 6:52 AM

Free LG G5 with AT&T Next/Next Year

I signed up for the At&T online ONLY offer where you get a free LG G5 with the At&T Next or AT&T Next Year plan. The first 2 billing cycles will bill an installment and as of the 3rd billing cycle the first 2 installment payments will be credited to the 3rd bill. I checked my installment plan for the line that was added under that promo and it shows future installments scheduled to be billed. Why is that?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Hey, did you ever get your bill credits for the LG Phone?  I signed up for an offer found in the "offers" section of my bill for a free LG G5 as you mentioned and now ATT says they are not able to find the offer.

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

I just received my 2nd bill so I'm not sure. Next month my 3rd bill should be available around this time also so I will keep you updated! I tried calling several times and going in-store and noone is able to see the offer either, but I'm told it "should" go thru as of Bill 3.......

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

@maronsp   The offer specifically says "not an upgrade offer".  It's only free with credits if you switched to ATT like the OP, during July.  

IMG_6390.PNG

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

This is not the offer I refer to, it was posted in my att account online. Sorry..

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

Of course I would not see that....

this is the only free G5 offer I could find.  It  agrees with the offer the OP got.

You will have to find a copy of the offer.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

This offer was a scam on ATT's part. I too fell for the "Free" offer. The myATT app said one line on my account was eligible for the promotion so I figured great deal for my 12 year olds birthday. He was on a month to month line with a paid off phone so that's why I figured he was eligible. Plus, the LG G6 was already out at the time of this promotion so I figured ATT was trying to dump old stock. I too got some "free" clear/green case I didn't ask for, and now 3 months later after speaking to a different rep every month and being told credit would kick in next bill, I'm now told I wasn't eligible afterall and I'm paying roughly $600 for an obsolete niche phone. Way to push out customers ATT. I'm bailing after this.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

How are we supposed to find a copy of the offer when it was via the myATT app? This is obviously some internal error that is now costing quite a few customers roughly $600 and this needs to be remedied.
I read the fine print prior to purchase, just as I'm sure the rest of us had, and the myATT app said one of my existing month to month lines was eligible. That line was only couple months old and was a line eligible for ATT next, hence my going ahead with this.
I really do like my ATT service, but this will make me jump ship if something doesn't happen.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I swear they are crooks- I am totally getting screwed over on this same deal- no one can seem to locate the offer.  BEYOND frusturated and upset with this- I was supposedly getting two "free" phones I am now being charged over $1200 for.  How do we fix this?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am having the same issue where they can't find any record of the promotion. I was told to send a physical letter to AT&T with copies of my chat transcript asking AT&T to honor this promotion. It will take about three weeks to see if they will honor it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I also had the same thing happen. I purchased my LG G5 phone on July 13th 2017 on my ATT app.  I logged in that day and i had a red notification saying "Offers". The first offer said Free LG G5 offer Online Only. I clicked Shop now button below that specific offer and followed all the steps and purchased the phone thru the app.  On the last Congratulations screen it said allow 2 billing cycles to receive your monthly credits. This month is month 3 and no billing credits.  I have contacted ATT twice now and no one can find the offer. ATT customer service says sorry there is nothing I can do. This is unacceptable. There are 12 separate comments in this ATT community forms (https://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-Billing/Free-LG-G5-with-AT-amp-T-Next-Next-Year/td-p/5231287#M122957) from people who have the same issue. The ATT App had this offer specifically for my account, no where in the details that day did it say for new customers only.  I was obviously a current customer because I was logged into the ATT app.  I have had ATT wireless for many years. I am extremely disappointed and ATT needs to correct this mistake for myself and all the people in this community forum. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.