For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Mofiki's profile

Mentor

• 

63 Messages

Wednesday, July 15th, 2015 12:42 AM

Closed

FIX: Change your Billing Cycle and Due Date!

There are many people angry about the change in billing due dates that have been set by AT&T recently.  There is a way to get your due date back to where you want it but does require a little work on your part.

NOTE: I am not an AT&T Employee, this is just advice from someone doing a little research!

How the change works:

First you will need to contact AT&T customer support (as this is just a customer to customer support forum so nobody here can make changes to your account). Let them know you want to change your billing cycle and due date.

1. First month - you must complete your current billing cycle
  2. Second month - you will have a prorated "short" cycle anywhere from 0-29 days
  3. Third month - you will start with the billing cycle on the new date you select. There are a couple of other requirements below just so you are completely informed when talking to AT&T support. 

Billing Cycle Change Requirements:
Changing your billing cycle is NOT an option in all service areas so contact support at 800-331-0500 to find out if this option is available in your service area.

• Your billing cycle cannot be changed during the five days before or after the close of your current cycle. 
  • Your billing cycle cannot be changed if your account is in a delinquent status, or if the account will fall delinquent before the requested change date. 
  • If you have a payment arrangement set up, the payment arrangement must be made before the billing cycle is changed. 
  • If you have Autopay, you may see two Autopay drafts in one month due to the billing cycle change.

Please keep in mind that when a billing cycle is changed you will see prorated charges to get all of the billing back on track with the new dates.

Understanding that this does create an inconvenience for many people for the first 2 months you will be where you need to be after and back on track.  If anyone has anything to add please do so and I will update my post.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@linmar14  The Bogo credit is a credit against your phone payments, not a discount.  

If you had a prorated bill in December, did it include installment payments?   If it did not, then you would not receive a corresponding credit for the installment either.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

my due date is on 23 but i am disabled vet and i get paid on the 1st of every month. will they cut my service or charge a late fee for 7-8 days past due?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I'm not sure, but why don't you contact them & see if they would work with you & change date? Another option (which I do) is to have your ATT bill paid automatically each month on a credit card & then you can pay the credit card bill which may have a more convenient due date for you. And most credit cards are willing to change a billing date if your current one doesn't work for you.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@dr5499 wrote:

my due date is on 23 but i am disabled vet and i get paid on the 1st of every month. will they cut my service or charge a late fee for 7-8 days past due?

Yes.  Change your bill cycle so your due date is just after the 1st.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

If you move your due date back you will pay more on your next bill because you pre-pay for your plan. For example, my normal bill is $235. I moved my due date back 5 days. My next bill was only $100 for 5 days.  5 days later I got another bill for $200 for the remaining 25 days of the month. Total $300. I guess I have an extra 5 days to pay the extra $65 but still seems like I got ripped off.  And AT&T sure didn't tell me that was going to happen!!

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

Not so with me. My last bill I received on 7-24.(as it has been for the last 7 months or so) The due date of this statement is 8-6, which means I have to have my check in the mail by the 29th to have the required minimum 7 days for it to arrive and not receive a late charge. So that gives me 4 days once I receive the bill to pay it. What if this statement was placed in my neighbors mail box and assuming they do not come over and give it to me, they place it say the next day back into their mail box( if your lucky) stating wrong address?.

So it goes back to the post office(day 1), gets resorted (day 2)and sent back out to me (day 3) so now there is no way for me to send out my payment without having a 7 day cushion for it to arrive on time for the due date and I get a late charge.

To me this is unfair payment schedule that they are imposing on me. Not to mention what if I go on a standard American one week vacation I would rest a sure be getting a late charge.

I have called 7 times to get this straighten out but with no luck what so ever.

Out of all my billing companies, Gas, Water, Electricity and credit cards the minimum time frame I have is 2 weeks to make a payment and what AT&T is doing is just not right in any words of the matter and this company needs to face charges for their wrongful doings. 

Any body else have this problem or am I just the lucky one?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

Oh I forgot to mention this statement is 2 months after my last complaint phone call requesting for it to be charged to a minimum 2 week payment allowance period. The following month it was prorated for a weeks service, followed by a months worth bill and then the bill above. Am right back were I started from.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

Your due date is always three weeks after the billing date. Always...for everyone. That will not change. If we assume one week for the mail each way, then yes, you will only have a week to pay

You can view your bill online a few days after each billing date; it is 2017, there's no need to wait on the mail. You can even pay online and wait until your due date.

There are several ways you can speed up the process, you just have to choose to do so.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

Who pays by check!   For gosh sakes my 80 year old mom pays automatically, online.  

Is the bill the same each month?  Yes, give or take a buck, yes.  And on the same day each month?  So why are you not automatically sending a check (if you must).

It cost 49 cents plus cost of the check itself to pay by mail, nothing to pay online and for a while there was a discount offered to go paperless and pay automatically.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

That would be nice if my bill was even CLOSE to being the same each month. With absolutely no changes in service or usage our bill over the past 6 months has had a $20-50 variance because of a $20.57 credit we were promised to receive each month when we signed up. Some months we get it, some we don't, some it's credited after the billing date, etc etc. it's gotten so frustrating that we are going back to Verizon in a few months when contract is up. Even we won't still receive the $10 credit from DIRECTV for combined billing.......
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.