For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
billw31601's profile

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

Friday, January 24th, 2014 3:12 PM

ETF...Porting...and OLD handset?

Hi, if I were to cancel and port my 2nd line and paid the ETF....as far as the handset - can it be activated on someone elses AT&T account after the port is completed then? Is there a time frame before it is allowed to be activated?  or do I have to wait till the ETF is paid, and is it a period of time AFTER the ETF is paid?

Basically trying to recoup a portion of the ETF by selling the handset..so I need to know how long I need to wait.  

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

That will not work in this case. It is the 2nd line on our account, and we are cancelling the second line.  That person would have to take over my number/line and I am keeping the 2nd line phone number.  That's the reason for the port and not simply just a line cancellation.

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

Just to update, I have now ported out my number...and decided to port out both numbers.  (No longer with AT&T.)  Since I have not received my final bill in the mail yet....I do not know the full amount that the ETF will be.  

So, my question is this...since I now have new service and phones, can I now SELL my ATT phones with no problem?  If, for example, I don't pay the ETF fee, could ATT come back at a later date and put some kind of "lock" on the phone, thereby messing up the person I sold it to?

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

10 years ago

You could sell your phones at any time and it will be usable to anyone on the AT&T network. AT&T will only blacklist phones that are lost or stolen. They do not blaclist phones from an account that is past due

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@billw31601 wrote:

Just to update, I have now ported out my number...and decided to port out both numbers.  (No longer with AT&T.)  Since I have not received my final bill in the mail yet....I do not know the full amount that the ETF will be.  

So, my question is this...since I now have new service and phones, can I now SELL my ATT phones with no problem?  If, for example, I don't pay the ETF fee, could ATT come back at a later date and put some kind of "lock" on the phone, thereby messing up the person I sold it to?

they will not blacklist it as mentioned but they will flag your credit and send the unpaid amount to a collection agency.

As far as the final bill, it will not be pro-rated and the etf is variable depending on phone and number of completed billing cycles. ETFs will be charged on each line under active contract.

Smart phone

325.00 - (10.00 * number of completed billing cycles)

example 10 months billed and payed for at time of cancelation

325.00 - 100.00 = 225.00

Basic Phone

150.00 - (4.00 * number of completed billing cycles)

example 10 months billed and payed for at time of cancelation

150.00 - 40.00 = 110.00

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.