For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
NoDak06's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, July 10th, 2014 5:26 PM

Billing Issues

**RANT**  Last night I recieved an email from AT&T Wireless stating that my bill was not paid through Auto-Pay and there was something wrong with my Credit Card.  Knowing full well that I had more than enough funds to cover the expenses I contact AT&T Wireless Chat for help.  This might be the slowest customer service group in the market place.  A simple question: Can you tell me why I recieved this and what it takes to resolve turned in to a 20+ minute "My Priority is to help you with your billing issue" in the end Jayvon told me to contact my financial institution as he has no clue what the issue is.  As my wife is the VP of said Financial Institution it took her 2 minutes to find out that is was denied due to someone or something at AT&T inputting my zip code incorrect.  How can that be when I have been on auto pay for nearly 4 years?  What good is Chat Support if they cannot type or answer basic quesitons or better yet, waste 20 minutes of my time and point the fingers at someone else?  Service after the sale, let's get back to basics!

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

10 years ago

@NoDak06 wrote:

**RANT**  Last night I recieved an email from AT&T Wireless stating that my bill was not paid through Auto-Pay and there was something wrong with my Credit Card.  Knowing full well that I had more than enough funds to cover the expenses I contact AT&T Wireless Chat for help.  This might be the slowest customer service group in the market place.  A simple question: Can you tell me why I recieved this and what it takes to resolve turned in to a 20+ minute "My Priority is to help you with your billing issue" in the end Jayvon told me to contact my financial institution as he has no clue what the issue is.  As my wife is the VP of said Financial Institution it took her 2 minutes to find out that is was denied due to someone or something at AT&T inputting my zip code incorrect.  How can that be when I have been on auto pay for nearly 4 years?  What good is Chat Support if they cannot type or answer basic quesitons or better yet, waste 20 minutes of my time and point the fingers at someone else?  Service after the sale, let's get back to basics!

AT&T (or any company) will never know WHY a payment doesn't go through. I agree that it shouldn't have taken 20 minutes for a chat rep to tell you that. However, I'd think you'd check with the live-in VP of your financial institution about any processing problems first. Chalk it up to "lesson learned". 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Why would I call my financial institution first when AT&T emailed me stating there was a problem?  I see you like to "defend" AT&T billing errors/disputes in multiple different threads.. 

The error was on AT&T's side, they need to take ownership, check before they send out a message and not expect customers to have to do all of this work on the back end. 

I completely disagree with your post.

[Please keep it courteous, Thank you]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.