For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Mandymac15's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, June 1st, 2017 5:28 PM

BOGO promotion in June 2016

On June 23, 2016 my family switched from Verizon to ATT.  We were able to take the promotion of unlimited data, talk and text because we had directv also.  We also came in when you bought one of the same phone you received the 2nd same phone free.  My husband and I got the Samsung Galaxy 7's and my 2 children got the iphone 6's.  Which meant one of the Samsung phones should be credited each month and one of the iphones should be credited.  I am only seeing the 4th phone credited?  I have looked back thru all of my bills and that is the case.  Can someone please review my account and apply any back credits or explain why what I was told when we switched is not happening.

Thanks,

Mandy McFarland

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Mandymac15 The 4th LINE cost should be free (regardless of BOGOs).

It's been a year, I'm not sure how easy the phone credits will be to follow up on. You probably should have been checking on this 9 months ago.

You said 2 iPhone 6, the iPhone 6 did not have a BOGO last summer, but the 6s did.

No one here can review your account, this is the customer community forum.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Oh @Mandymac15 you have no idea how many of us have been played a fool by this BOGUS "promotion". I have been a loyal and faithful AT&T customer for over 10 years now, and they usually are up front about things. But now I'm getting the run around and promises of calls back and Customer service reps claiming "Oh no, I am so sorry we must fix this immediately," then crickets. No call or anything. They snowed A LOT of us , trust me... Always read the fine lines bc they know how to get ya, after this I'll sign nothing without reading EVERY last word. We got four 6 S'S @Gary L. So, now what's the excuse? And I have been checking since the beginning and not a year later, so again, what fine line did I miss? On to T-Mobile it is! Especially after reading Mr. "expert's" response to you...OMG how terribly unprofessional and nonsensical. Can't help but laugh , they are all a bunch of "geniuses" (can't say what I really would like to) over there! Excellence award or not........LOL ...who do you think you are? Um you're simply a customer service rep....Oops one with an ECA I forgot!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@amarief921 wrote:

LOL where did you read 6 s .... to me it looks like she said 6's as in 2 iphone 6.

Except I know AT&T did not have "iPhone 6 did not have a BOGO last summer" event though @Mandymac15 said they did.  I followed up with the 6s information in case she just mistyped (instead of just saying "wrong!"). 

I did not pick the title's next to my name (nor do I award myself awards). Those are assigned, Ms. "Contributor".

@Mandymac15 Hasn't been back since the day she posted three weeks ago, so maybe she's on her way to T-Mobile. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

Oops, I see you've changed that post quite a bit since I started that reply.

@amarief921 wrote:

But now I'm getting the run around and promises of calls back and Customer service reps claiming "Oh no, I am so sorry we must fix this immediately," then crickets. No call or anything.

My experience is that if they don't call back in an hour, they don't call me back.

We got four 6 S'S @Gary L.

Apple prefers that it's written "four iPhone 6s phones", but that'll never catch on.

But is ssssolvesss the "s" problem.

So, now what's the excuse?

I don't need/have any excuses.

I'm not sure why you are getting snippy with me because of her not qualifying.

I was just telling her what the facts were about iPhone 6 promos in 2016.

If you don't want the facts, that's okay...

IF you would like some feedback on your BOGO I can do that, but I need facts from you.

(I did the first answer for you!)

1. What kind of phones were EACH of them? iPhone 6s phoneS

2. Have your been late for any of your payments?

3. How many new lines at AT&T did you PORT IN at the time of purchase?

4. What SPECIFIC date did you purchase EACH phone?

5. Specifically, which Next plans were EACH of the purchased phones on? Please check the # of payments on your bill for this.  WHICH plan was the free one on?

6. Who did you port in from?

I recommend hitting REPLY/QUOTE, then hit QUOTE and typing the SHORT answers next to the question in ALL CAPS or bold.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

@Gary L I don't know what it matters about quote, or bold or short answer, nor could I care less. However, I got snippy bc of your completely uncalled for response and horrible communication skills. And it's funny you ALL happen to have earned this Excellence Award this year, congrats and kudos to you all. Secondly, I changed the SSSSSSSSS problem when I edited my post. As for them not calling in an hour then you know they aren't, lol you comedian you, like I really wait hours. I was being facetious Mr. Lapointe. Thank you for ALL of your attention and responses to my postings, seems someone's got their panties in a bunch. Calm down it's ok. I have been paying for all 4 of these phones for over a year, besides the first three months.... you are all getting paid , chill out! 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

and no i made one edit, didn't change it QUITE a BIT. You answer phones for a living, I wouldn't expect you to know grammar and/or speak intelligently as an AT&T service rep...Please keep commenting, you look a little crazy

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@amarief921 wrote:

@Gary L I don't know what it matters about quote, or bold or short answer, nor could I care less. However, I got snippy bc of your completely uncalled for response and horrible communication skills.

Uncalled for?

Secondly, I changed the SSSSSSSSS problem when I edited my post.

I wasn't criticizing your "s" usage at all.

As for them not calling in an hour then you know they aren't, lol you comedian you, like I really wait hours.

It's not a pot of water, even if you walk away from the phone, if they call hours later it'll still ring, you don't have to wait.

you are all getting paid , chill out! 

I don't get paid for this. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@amarief921 wrote:

and no i made one edit, didn't change it QUITE a BIT. 

That is so NOT true.  

You answer phones for a living, I wouldn't expect you to know grammar and/or speak intelligently as an AT&T service rep...Please keep commenting, you look a little crazy

And I don't work for AT&T. 

First reply:Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 7.08.47 PM.png

Edit: (You pulled stuff out and it's still 50% bigger!)Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 7.38.56 PM.png

2 Attachments

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@amarief921 wrote:

You answer phones for a living, I wouldn't expect you to know grammar and/or speak intelligently as an AT&T service rep...Please keep commenting, you look a little crazy

@amarief921 You are communicating with other customers here, not ATT employees or customer support. If you actually want help getting your BOGO credits, @Gary L can help you. He has helped a number of people get their credits but hey, if you'd rather not get any help, that's your choice.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.