For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
davidbk's profile
Administrator

Administrator

• 

885 Messages

Thursday, September 7th, 2017 1:35 AM

AT&T's Response to Hurricane Irma

We know that Hurricane Irma has left many of you and your families without power and dealing with a very stressful situation.  To try and ease some of the stress, we’re automatically issuing credits and waiving additional fees to give unlimited data, talk and texts to AT&T wireless customers.   In addition, we're also providing unlimited talk and texts to AT&T PREPAID customers beginning Sept. 8 across all of Florida.   If you live in Georgia, as of Sept. 12, we are also providing unlimited data, talk, and text in impacted Georgia counties and continuing through Sept. 17 for all impacted customers. We are also extending payment dates for impacted AT&T PREPAID customers with voice and text service through Sept. 17

Customers in these areas may still receive data alert notifications during these protected dates, but billing will reflect the correct data charges.

In addition, from Sept. 6 through Sept. 15 we’re automatically issuing credits and waiving additional fees to give unlimited data, talk and texts to AT&T wireless customers and unlimited talk and texts to AT&T PREPAID customers in Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Impacted video and home internet customers can visit our support page for information or to report service outages.

Additional information on what we are doing to help those impacted by Hurricane Irma can be found at: Hurricane Irma Response & Live Updates

AT&T encourages customers to consider the following recommendations in the wake of the storm:

• Keep your mobile phone battery charged. Have another way to charge your phone like an extra battery, car charger or device-charging accessory.
  • Keep your mobile devices dry.  Keep it safe from the elements by storing it in a baggie or some other type of protective covering.
  • Program all of your emergency contact numbers and e-mail addresses into your mobile phone. Numbers should include the police department, fire station and hospital, as well as your family members.
  • Camera phones provide assistance. If you have a camera phone, take, store and send photos and video clips of damage to your insurance company.

Additional information and tips for disaster preparedness can be found at Inclement Weather – Be Prepared and www.att.com/vitalconnections.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Our uverse internet has been down for 7 days. We received a text saying we would not receive overage charges through 9/17. Today is the 17th. We have no internet!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

We are senior citizens, I have a disability and health concerns.  We have U-Verse internet and wifi for our home.  All our health care appointments and information, bills/banking are done through this.  We lost the service on Sun. 9/10/17.  Our home phone is an old copper land line with AT&T which lost service for only an hour or so as a result of Hurricane Irma.  
We have checked the surrounding community and no utility lines or poles are down in our area.  All debris has been cleared and all the roads in our area are clear.

I have called AT&T U-Verse 3 times for a status as to the restoration of the internetwifi service.  Each time I call, I am given a very evasive response that technicians are out in our area restoring the service and we will have service within 24-48 hours.  The last time I called, yesterday, 9/16/17 I was told it would be "A MONTH"!
This is absolutely unacceptable.  Our area has all other services fully restored.  Comcast and Infinity customers have full restoration.  The only customers who are without services are the AT&T customers.  I and others in our area have gone through our community looking for AT&T trucks, there has not been one AT&T truck in our area since Irma passed.  Also, numerous neighbors have called and gotten the run around as well.
In addition, our service package expires the first week of October, so we will be looking into other internet service providers who are operational in our area.
We have many elderly and house bound residents who depend on AT&T services as their "Lifeline".   

Due to the lack of support and service restoration, AT&T leaves it's customers no choice except to file a complaint with the State Public Service Commission regarding this problem.
Shame on AT&T.  If you are short staffed, bring in outside help.  If your network is down bring in experts to expedite a speedy restoration.
I don't think the AT&T shareholders are going to be happy when the complaints start affecting AT&T's bottom line.
(As a result of the AT&T U-Verse outage we had to drive a distance to a friend's home after 8 days without internet in order to access this forum.)

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

How about Att just get the equipment working????

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Same situation. All they do is lie.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Next door neighbor has Verizon. Other one Comcast. All working for last two days. ATT still nothing. Thinking about signing up with them. They said they can have me up and running tomorrow. Wow

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Perhaps when it comes to hurricane relief AT&T should start with it's paying customers and provide them with service - Florida cell phone service is throttled back and according to your "non tech" just logging outages - over 2700 fiber base switches out, so tons of customers have no internet or cable with "no ETA" for resolution. Stop sending me txt messages saying it has been resolved when it hasn't and telling me it will be in 24 hrs when it isn't - if you had your act together you would be setting up emergency temporary v-sat hubs for your customers to connect to before they start switching to Comcast/Xfinity on Monday

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Power has been completely restored within 4 mile radius of my house. Still barely get any cell reception and of course NO internet or U-verse service. ATT should be ashamed. Leadership at ATT should be replaced tomorrow. A complete failure of leadership. Thank God they were bit in charge during WWII or we would all be speaking German. Shame on them.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I am in south Ponte Vedra Beach/Vilano Beach, FL ONE OF HARDEST hit in north FL. I had power back on Wednesday AM and EVERYONE in my area that does NOT have ATT has internet, tv, phone, everything but I still have nothing 144 hours and 6 days after all others got their services back & have to use Xfinity Weekly pass to have any internet. They are looking better all the time. Even FPL in 24 hrs gave me estimated time when power to be restored yet a week later ATT STILL HAS NO IDEA WHEN I WILL HAVE PHONE, internet, tv, anything. Sorry sorry service for sure!!!!!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

ATT JUST NO GOOD ANY MORE. Within 24 hrs FPL Gave me EST of when I would get power & had power since wed am. Yet still no att internet, tv, phone, nothing, no estimate when will get it. Just stupid message telling me when I get power things will be fixed. Hello att I have had power back now 144 hours, 6 days and you don't even know that yet. Every day I call you tell me you have no idea. Why do we keep you???? We won't be much longer for sure!!!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

ATT OBVIOUSLY DOES NOT CARE AND DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO GIVE GOID CUSTOMER SERVICE. Everyone in my neighborhood of 300 homes on oceanfront barrier island hit hard in Ponte Vedra beach fl & Vilano beach, fl with homes falling in ocean, power lines over roads just a mile away all have services except those of us with ATT - we are out of luck & go to the Comcast neighbor houses for our business & entertainment. Get your act together ATT or might as well fold up!!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.