For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Sickofyourcrap's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 2:27 AM

AT&T refuses to fix their mistake

Way to treat your customer of more than 12 years like trash. I've called for the same exact problem for 5 months with "I can't help you in the department", "let me transfer you", "oops the call dropped but I'm never going to call you back", and "get over it it is what it is" uncaring customer service reps. I want someone in upper management to call me directly and resolve YOUR error. Your sales rep lied that is on you.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Sickofyourcrap wrote:
Way to treat your customer of more than 12 years like trash. I've called for the same exact problem for 5 months with "I can't help you in the department", "let me transfer you", "oops the call dropped but I'm never going to call you back", and "get over it it is what it is" uncaring customer service reps. I want someone in upper management to call me directly and resolve YOUR error. Your sales rep lied that is on you.

@Sickofyourcrap, It sounds like someone didn't read the terms of an offer before (or after) signing up.

Of course, I'm only guessing since you neglected to offer any real details.

You pretty much left everything out so it's kind of hard to even ask much of followup question (I have to think that's intentional).

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

@Sickofyourcrap

And an FYI, this is NOT ATT.  It's a community forum.  No one is going to call you based on a post here.  

Without further information, all I can say is when you keep hitting the wall, there is a reason for it.  In all likelyhood, ATT has the paperwork to support their side and you do not.  

No carrier is responsible to make you a different deal because a rep lied, or made an error or you understood wrong.  The playing field is level for all customers.   Prices, policies and deals are published on the website.  Read before you sign, etc.

What happens if a rep lies, he gets fired.  Not going to help you one bit.  

The days of dickering with your cell carrier are pretty much over.   They are perfectly content knowing you will pay more to switch and someone will replace you.

The forum is full of done me wrong posts, I'm sure you can find one like yours and see how it played out.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Actually once again your sales team made promises they had no intention of keeping. Or at least wasn't trained enough to make an informed decision before telling your customers the correct information. I went to your Beaumont TX location and through out the process of adding a line and getting the buy one get one promotion for a iPhone 7 she said that we could pay the difference between the 32 GB phone and the 128 GB phone. 5 months, at least 20 calls which included be transferred a million times, "accidental disconnections", and failed promises I still have a bill that says I owe for two separate phones. It was my hope that because my email is tied to my account I could actually get someone that could fix the issue to finally reach out to me so that I didn't have to sit on the phone for 4 hours and be transferred 8 times. So there are your details aired to the world. YOUR MOVE.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Sickofyourcrap wrote:
Actually once again your sales team made promises they had no intention of keeping. Or at least wasn't trained enough to make an informed decision before telling your customers the correct information.

Not my sales team. I don't work for AT&T, this is the COMMUNITY forum.

I went to your Beaumont TX location and through out the process of adding a line and getting the buy one get one promotion for a iPhone 7 she said that we could pay the difference between the 32 GB phone and the 128 GB phone.

I'm kinda back to thinking you did not read the original offer as these offers generally make it clear you can do this substitution. I did for my free iPhone 7 Plus with 128GB, the credits are equivalent to the $650 price while my monthly bill is higher.

I still have a bill that says I owe for two separate phones.

Just to be clear: when the promo is working properly you will still get billed for the phone each month, but you also get a credit to offset the "free" part, I get $27.09 a month.

That said, clearly there is something else wrong

• What was the other phone? (It's a BOGO and you mentioned 1 phone).
  • The new line specifically has an iPhone 7 on it?
  • What was the date of this promo?
  • Do you have TV service with AT&T? If so, which service? (depending on the date, this is important)

YOUR MOVE.

You could be nicer if you actually want help. If I was a rep I likely would have ignored your initial post as it seems as if you might make this more work than it needs to be. Fortunately, I poked you with a stick and you responded with some info. And someone else will pipe in with more too.

We can very likely help you figure out the problem if you answer our multiple questions. To be clear, most of our questions just require a short answer (yes, no, model, date, service name). These are not all the questions as answers will generate more questions.

You might not like our thoughts when we get all the info (as to if you qualify or not), but I'm 99.9% you didn't get disqualified for getting more storage in your iPhone 7. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

@Sickofyourcrap

That is true.  The maximum credits are limited and customers can get a larger storage amount by paying the difference.  You can pay beforehand, reducing the amount billed each month, or the amount billed will be larger than the credited amount.  

When did you purchase phones?   

Are you not receiving credits?

were there other requirements like ATT TV service?   

Are you aware the credits start with a back credit in 3 months, then continue for the full term of the Next agreement.  You will always be billed for the free phone.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Gary, I had to add a line and get direct tv for two years, which was taken care of in store at that time. I got the unlimited internet plan with 10 go of hotspot per line. I didn't think getting additional storage was that big of a deal, but that's why they keep saying I don't qualify. Honestly I would never buy anything less then 100gb because it's just not enough storage.

My responses were more to whoever the other person was.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

@Sickofyourcrap

That would be me, as I'm the only other response.  I don't work for ATT either.  This is a community forum.  

Please go back and read both my previous responses.   Then let us know what the problem is.  (Specifically)  You have not actually stated the problem or the timeline.  

What are they saying doesn't qualify?  

With the limited information, it sounds like you took a Bogo offer, which seems to meet the requirements for Bogo and the $25 discount off TV service.   Both credits are issued after 3 bill cycles.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Sickofyourcrap wrote:
I didn't think getting additional storage was that big of a deal, but that's why they keep saying I don't qualify. Honestly I would never buy anything less then 100gb because it's just not enough storage.

That is likely not the problem.

My responses were more to whoever the other person was.

I got that but we both asked you almost identical questions. Still need some of the answers if you want suggestions/help.

Gary, I had to add a line and get direct tv for two years, which was taken care of in store at that time. I got the unlimited internet plan with 10 go of hotspot per line.

Excellent, you have DTV so that's not an issue.

What about:

1. The date you signed up?
  2. Was this a BOGO offer? Were both phones iPhone 7 phones?
  3. Was this just a free iPhone 7 with DirecTV offer?
    Without the above info, we can't even see if other people are having similar issues or what the offer was.
  4. The new line specifically has an iPhone 7 on it?
  5. Are you 100% certain there are no credits for this on the bill? 
    When working, they bill you and credit you (in separate places on the bill).
  6. Have you done any other free iPhone on DirecTV offers this past year?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.