For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
ATTCommunityTeam's profile

• 

1.3K Messages

Monday, June 12th, 2017 6:02 PM

Closed

AT&T Unlimited Data Plans: Whole Lotta' Data Going On! Knowledge Sharing: 6/28/17 (1-4pm ET)

DataBanner.jpg

In a fast-paced, always on-the-go world, staying connected has never been so important. We understand this and are working to give you the freedom to adapt your connectivity needs to match your lifestyle.

The community has spoken, and asked us to assemble a panel of experts to guide you through our several Unlimited Data Plans and help answer any questions you may have on our latest Knowledge Sharing Session - AT&T Unlimited Data Plans: Whole Lotta' Data Going On!

On June 28th, starting at 1PM ET, our panel of experts and Community ACEs will be live on this thread to respond to your posts and break down the nuances of our offers. From Unlimited Plus, Unlimited Choice, GoPhone Unlimited to all the Entertainment savings on DIRECTV and DIRECTV NOW.

Not a part of our community? Be sure to be registered to be able to post your questions during the event. Becoming a member takes seconds, and you'll be the coolest kid on the block, the talk of the town, the bees knees. Also, we'll be like BFFs forever 😉

We hope to see you soon!

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Same here. Nobody knows how to fix their broken DirecTV NOW's verification system

IMG_0059.PNG

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@bluegarvis Just to make sure, you have the Unlimited Plus plan, yes?

Employee

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I'm trying to decide whether to keep my grandfathered unlimited plan or switch to 1) Unlimited Choice or 2) Unlimited Plus.  What's the difference between all three plans?

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

Great.  When I switched to the unlimited plan I also added Directv.  I was told many times by many different people, even my installer, that I would be able to watch any show that I had recorded on my DVR through the Directv app at any time.  Well as you probably know that is not true.  The only way I can watch a show from my DVR on the app is to download the recording to my phone while I am in my house connected to my wifi network.  This option is useless while traveling.  I understand that this service was offered previously but was discontinued when ATT purchased DIrectv and changed the app.  Any word on when this service will be provided as promised?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

Here's what Unlimited PLUS has that the Old Granfathered doesn't:

• Now have 10GB tethering/hotspot per each line. This has been one of the top complaints I’ve seen about the old accounts (if not number 1).
  • Can put WiFi Hotspots/WHPI on plan
  • Now have Canada/Mexico roaming
  • International Day Pass.
  • I think there are some additional international texting benefits the old plan didn’t have.(?)
  • Plus free HBO and $25 DirecTV, DirecTV Now or U-Verse discount. You can get the free HBO without paying for another subscription.
  • Price differences, will vary based on plan.
  • More lines are cheaper. Lines 3-10 are probably much cheaper than old plan.
  • No FAN % off discount other than Military/Veteran
  • Same speed.

Unless you are on a super low minute plan or have a great FAN discount. This seems like it would be a better plan for you.

@lbeste Does this answer some of your questions?

Former Employee

• 

408 Messages

7 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

So @ATTKevin and @ATTTimCS

Since ATT is promoting these BYOP offers to unlimited customers are we finally going to see wifi calling and enhanced LTE services for BYOP?  

2nd question

People bringing these phones like the one plus 5.  Nice device but for some reason ATT's system only sees the phones as 3g only when they do have all atts LTE bands what is att doing to support these folks?  I mean there is the IMEI work around which you use a IMEI from a ATT branded phone and you will get LTE but that is not a fix.

Hey @GLIMMERMAN76,

Expanding support for enhanced LTE and WiFi Calling is definitely on our radar as something our customers are being vocal about. I don’t have any specifics though.

Let me bubble up the One Plus 5 only getting 3G. I wasn’t aware of this and that’s something I think we should be looking at.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

Here's what Unlimited PLUS compared to DirecTV Unlimited has:

• The DTV Unlimited plan previously required DirecTV but for two weeks in Feb./March 2017, it was available to everyone.
  • Now you have 10GB tethering/hotspot per each line.  This has been the number one complaint I’ve seen about these DTV Unlimited accounts.
  • Can put WiFi Hotspots/WHPI on plan
  • Plus free HBO and $25 DirecTV, DirecTV Now or U-Verse discount. You can get the free HBO without paying for another subscription.
  • Price difference of $5-$10 per line for first 4 lines (sometimes better sometimes worse).
  • More lines are cheaper! Lines 5-10 are significantly cheaper than the old plan.
  • No FAN % off discount other than Military/Veteran
  • Same speed.

Unless you have a great FAN discount, this seems like it would be a better plan for you. Remember you probably have one of the TV services and this is going to save you $25 a month on that. (Plus free HBO).

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

As an added bonus you get $25 off your TV service, but  I’m focusing specifically on DTV Now because it is SO cheap and has no contract.

• The basic DirecTV Now service is $25, but you get $25 off!
  • This means you get 60+ channels and HBO for only $10 more than the Unlimited Plus price ($10).
  • Or $25 more for 150+ channels and HBO with Unlimited Plus ($115).
  • Using DirecTV Now over your mobile device with your mobile app does NOT contribute towards the 22GB deprioritization limit.
  • But (I believe) it does count towards the 10GB limit of tethering if you are watching it on your iPad while connected to your phone hotspot.
  • No contract with DirecTV Now.

This just seems like a NO BRAINER to get.

Plus several apps (like HBO Go, Disney, ESPN, BBC America, etc.) that you can use your DirecTV sign in to authenticate with (on mobile and TV streaming boxes), this isn't free data, but provides an additional viewing experience if you have devices the have these apps. I think it gets you a nice back catalog too.

https://help.directvnow.com/hc/en-us/articles/215395423-Can-I-use-my-DIRECTV-NOW-account-to-sign-in-to-network-sites-and-apps-

The DirecTV NOW $25 discount comes with Unlimited CHOICE too.  (Choice does not get free HBO or any of the other TV discounts).

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

@bluegarvis I had this same issue, it's a bit of a mess to get the account stuff working, if you're not an AT&T UVerse customer.

I did finally get it to work though, I went in 2 or 3 different ways to the the HBO-Go and UVerse sites, and eventually got my credentials to work, and my Roku registered.  The downside is, I didn't take any notes, and I typically only work in the cell forums here, so it didn't occur to me.

I do remember thinking that it was insanely tricky, for the average cell user, who didn't have the UVerse side, and that probably most wouldn't get it work.

The thing I'm almost positive of, is that I used my cell# to start the account setup, and my AT&T username in the middle, and now it's linked to my cell account, on the actual sing-in page.  The part I don't remember is the multiple screens in-between.

I thought there was a document on the support side, but I'm not finding it now (it wasn't complete, but it got me started and unstuck at some point); if I do I'll re-post.

Employee

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

@lbeste wrote:

I'm trying to decide whether to keep my grandfathered unlimited plan or switch to 1) Unlimited Choice or 2) Unlimited Plus.  What's the difference between all three plans?

Hi @lbeste
Great question!!
Please see @Gary L FAQ. If you have specific questions, please PM us.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.