For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
user55789's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 6:46 AM

AT&T Next payed early upgrade fee then got new device. Didn't like device, returned it...

And it's still on my account as active! I've exhausted all my options. I need to get this resolved! I don't want to pay for a device I returned. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

Just to clarify:   What did you pay to upgrade early?

Are you saying you returned the new phone within 14 days, and they are still billing as if you kept it?  

Have they received the new phone back?   

Im wondering if you used the packaging and label for the old phone, not the one for return of a new phone you didn't want.  

You can contact advance support here @ATTCares

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I upgraded the device on a physical Apple store. The store took back the phone and I kept the one I had before. This needs to be corrected. Are they supposed to send that device back to AT&T and have not done so? I did not send the device anywhere, I returned it to the Apple store.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Also, I payed the remaining balance to be 80% payed off in order to move to the new phone. Was I not supposed to bring it back to Apple? The employees accepted the phone without questions and they didn’t tell me that I had to send it back to AT&T.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@user55789 Did you get any kind of a receipt for turning your phone in?

What options have you "exhausted" so far?  You mentioned none, so we don't know what to suggest.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

If you purchased and returned to Apple, Apple screwed up, that's why you have exhausted options with ATT.  You need your return receipt from the Apple Store.  Take it to Apple and get them to correct the error with ATT.  The phone doesn't go to ATT, but the paperwork on the sale and return does.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.