For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Dionta2212's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, August 31st, 2016 4:17 AM

$650 Switcher is very Misleading by Rep

I went to AT&T Cor Store ask about coming to AT&T because I heard AT&T pay up to $650 to Switch now the Store told me we would give you $237 for your iPhone and and whatever you old Verizon or n final bill we would send whatever you Verizon on Visa Card lookin looking how long it take I see many complaints that's misleading and there is no benefit to switching think every customer should get what is told to them if this wasn't I would have stead with Verizon. The issues is AT&T is messing with people financial stability which causing customer to come out extra Money I either want what was told to me or or my device back I can go back to Verizon this have so irate and frustrated this isn't right how store and reps get away with this and customer have to suffer and when you call you are pass around like a ball listen to that automatic system and rep try to do what they can and they even get transfer around this have to stop period

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

It's not what you owe Verizon, it's only what you owe Verizon for early termination fees (ETF). They don't pay Verizon, you pay Verizon and turn in a copy of what you owed for ETF.

Did you turn in the receipt?

How long have you been waiting?

DId you get the $237 for your iPhone?

This is the AT&T community forum (not AT&T support).

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I received $237 Store Credit for device trade in. So just say if they don't pay last which I was misleaded to believe so you telling me that I get nothing not even for the monthly Installment I owe $229 to Verizon again people or being lied to I agree people should read by contracts also agreed on verbally because before customer sign the little IPads at store they stroll right past fine printing and verbally lie to customer and this is been practice at every store and call center with just about every company and we can't blame the sales rep because they are pressure to meet certain metrics to keep they're jobs this is insane someday a group of customer going file major against these giant who make billions off customers buy manipulating the way business is practice a person might of well be cognitive dissonance and yes I did everything they ask me to do

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@Dionta2212 It's only what you owe Verizon for early termination fees (ETF).

They don't pay Verizon, you pay Verizon and turn in a copy of what you owed for ETF.

When you only answer 1 of 3 questions, it's hard to help.

• Did you turn in the receipt?
  • How long have you been waiting?

I don't know what the other $229 is for.

I've always been taught to read the fine print and not to automatically trust the salesperson. Google the the fine print, come to the forums and ask. 

This is the AT&T community forum (not AT&T support).

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Yes I did it been 35 days

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

8 years ago

The minimum is 45 days and your ATT bill must be paid on time or refund is delayed.

The offer from ATT is just like every other switch offer.  It's a break even on your phone.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

5 Attachments

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.