For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Kyside38's profile

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

Sunday, June 12th, 2016 12:20 AM

payment arrangement

I am so beyond disappointed with your company. I have been a long time customer since 2008. Even before this the service was in my wifes name. So in all in all customers for at least 15 years. We have never lost service due to non-payment. I have a payment arrangement that I can not make due to illness in my family.I have until the 17th to pay past due balance. I can have the past due in by the 24th. No one will help me. I have offered to pay half and have the other have directly taken out of my checking on the 24th. I have tried everything I know to keep my service. So I guess my service will have to be suspended. I totally think it is unfair. I also think people need to know how your company treats its customers, Customers that pay their bills but need a little help due to illness. I will definately be switching cell phone companys as soon as my bill is taken care of, because I do pay my bills. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

8 years ago

Once payment arrangements are made, they cannot be changed.  

No, they won't work with you.  Your service will be restored only after your account is brought current.

the system was abused too many times by customers and support trying to help them (even if they made up reasons why they couldn't pay). 

Blame the bad apples before you for the current, inflexible, computerized late payment system.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

8 years ago

Have sent private messages and called and chatted to no avail. Poor customer service does not even begin to describe this company.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

8 years ago

Well I am not a bad apple and I guess that I will be booted off forum but I do not accept this solution!  

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

8 years ago

@Kyside38.  

You will not be booted off the forum for complaining, it's what the forum is for.

If you had made arrangements to pay on previous occasions, abused the late payment system more than once then you would be a "bad Apple", because that's what I mean.

In the past,  customer made promises they didn't keep or support made exceptions that screwed over ATT.  So ATT took it out of human hands and gave it to the computer.  

Will the rules change just for you?  No.  The late payment system is now fixed.  If doesn't matter how you contact ATT, they can't do anything.  Your only option is to pay your entire amounts due before 59 days rolls by.  (On day 60 the account is closed and goes to collections)

Customers who pay late every month will find they have a limited number of late payments they can use.  There is no point, zip, zero, no point in calling support.  They can't do anything anymore about late payments.  I can't stress that enough, there is no over ride they can do.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

8 years ago

I have never abused the system for late payments. I have always paid my bill and I guess I will pay it this time even though it will cause me hardship. But as soon as I can I will be leaving this  company. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

8 years ago

I didn't say you did.  Plenty of others did.  Please read my entire post.  

You wont find any other carrier that is forgiving either.    Verizon is ruthless, always has been.  Sprint just can't afford it, and T-mo are the nicest folks, but they don't play around with overdue accounts either.

You might want to try prepaid service.  

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

8 years ago

What I find disturbing about this whole situation is that they totally enjoy it! I was on chat and one of the representives gave me an option to mail my payment today which technically gave me five more days. Today they told me on the phone that no one said that. I gave them the day of the chat, time of chat, and the chat representive name. Why tell someone something and then not honor it? I understand your comments that they are not going to help me. I am not stupid. I will end this discussiion here and I do hope that if you ever get in a financial hardship you get better respect than what I have got on this forum.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

8 years ago

I have been literally down to my last dime.  I sold what I could to pay my bills.  I didn't pay late, I didn't buy what I didn't need, I ate spaghetti 5 days a week and brown bagged PB&J.

I NEVER blamed anyone else.  I always have a rainy day fund so it doesn't happen again.

Blaming a business because it expects payment is bogus.   Especially now that I run my own small business and have been stiffed twice.  It sucks.  You better believe they are no longer my clients.  

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

8 years ago

Well that is exactly the situation I am in. I have no intention on stiffing this company. I do without every day. This phone is my way to get called to work. But you are not getting why I am so mad. Why are these people telling me one thing one day and then changing it another day? Most business try to help their customers not this one. I also was not directing the comment at you. I was directing it at the company. I do blame them so I guess I am bogus! 

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

8 years ago

I also would like to know what happened to compassion in this country? I do not know you and you do not know me but you have replied to my topic and been degrading. I am sorry that I am in a bad situation.   I do not stiff payments have always tried to be honest and help people in any way I can. I also try to be kind to people especially people that is down on their luck. I will come up with the money and I will rake and scrape until I pay early termination fees, but I have no desire to be with this comapny anymore. From what I hear Wal Mart offers a great cell phone plan. I also am sorry that I came to this forum to try and get help. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.